Favorite Places to Sell

What are your favorite places to sell babies? Where do you make the most sales? Where do you find the best customers? :smiley:

3 Likes

Are you getting the prices you want for your work? Thatā€™s where Iā€™ve been selling as well.

2 Likes

For me its 50% eBay and 50% Reborns.com. I have a Facebook page but Iā€™ve only been on it a couple months and Iā€™m having more and more inquiries so Iā€™m
Hopeful for facebook

2 Likes

How do you like selling on Ebay? Iā€™ve been hesitant. It seems more complicated, and Iā€™ve heard some bad stories. Do you get to interact with your customers very much?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had nothing but positive from eBay, itā€™s easy to respond right back to customers and send them pics if needed, I interact the most with Facebook people though

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome that youā€™re able to do it full-time! What do you think made you successful enough to be able to take it on as a full time gig? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you done with school?

Mine was always Ebayā€¦Did 3+ years weekly sales there and built a client base, then went fully custom (occasionally will pop a baby on Ebay from time to time just for fun or for a quick bit of cash if I have an overflow of kits I want rid of.)
I used Ebay as a sells tool because they have the widest outreach of most internet sales arenasā€¦It worked well for meā€¦other ladies donā€™t like it but I donā€™t think I would be doing as many babies today without having used it to get my name out thereā€¦Most all my regular customers came from Ebay or word of mouth from someone who bought from me on Ebayā€¦I have more coming from Pinterest and my website these days but still my true and faithfuls are all former Ebay buyersā€¦

5 Likes

I think Iā€™d like to try it. Did you feel like you really got to know your customers that way? It might seem silly, but thatā€™s a really important part of the process to me- I love the photos and videos that they send!

For those of you who do Ebay sales, how long are your auctions? Do you do ā€œbuy it nowā€, or just let people bid? Any tips?

1 Like

That is not silly at allā€¦It is very important otherwise you never really know how your little one was received or lovedā€¦I have the loveliest ladies everā€¦they pop in with photos all the time when they buy new clothes or maybe a new bassinet etcā€¦so I get to see my bubs in their new environments some time years down the trackā€¦(great to check on how they ar holding up tooā€¦lol) So yes you do get to know them well and sort of become friends with many of them sort of like this forumā€¦I do have ones that order from me once a year that I donā€™t speak to as often but they still come back to me when they want a new babyā€¦I have had others that buy elsewhere for a little while but they always seem to come back or at least keep ordering from me as wellā€¦then there are the diehard faithful ones who wonā€™t buy from anyone else so you get a good mixā€¦even some one timers who just want one baby but they still will pass your name or business card on to others.

I use to always run my auctions on 7 daysā€¦when I first started I ran both buy it now and auction but after you become a 'regular" an people start watching for you, I went to buy it now onlyā€¦It sort of depends on how you feel about your baby but if you decide to run an auction, never start it lower than what you are willing to take or it can be very discouraging if the market is slow and you lose money or just break even unless it is a baby you just want rid of for extra fundsā€¦ :smile:

3 Likes

I like selling on reborns.com, have been selling there for about a year, I guess. Iā€™ve sold on EBay since 2002. I only do BIN auctions there, though. It helps keep the beggars and weirdos away. Iā€™ve picked up several special orders through FB.

3 Likes

I sell only on Ebayā€¦I donā€™t have FBā€¦so thatā€™s not an option for me.

I usually list for 10 daysā€¦that is a long auctionā€¦but I feel it gets me more exposure
for the money!!!

2 Likes

I sell almost exclusively on reborns.com and I sell every baby I make. Some donā€™t sell quickly, but most do. I only make about 20 babies per year, so itā€™s a great venue for me. I have had success on Ebay too but donā€™t like the non-payers etc. on there. I occasionally list on other sites too but always concurrently with reborns.com since David doesnā€™t care if you list other places as well. Mostly though, I just list them on their because it also gives me a ā€œnurseryā€ site that I can send people to who want to view my babies. I donā€™t have a facebook (except my personal page) or a website, so this works well for me.

4 Likes