Experienced rooters. Opinons please

So I’m making three red heads. And I am waiting for my mohair from Russia. I do have some red here. But I’m wondering if I can mix the two. So I get a highlights and low lights. And have enough for all 3 heads.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m not sure about red hair, but I’m naturally dark blonde and my hair is a mix of thin, light colored hair and thick darker colored hair. I’d assume redheads have similar color variants. So I think it would actually increase the realism!

2 Likes

It’s really depends on the color, all red heads are not the same, my son has only one shade but my aunts and I have red and blond mix. Usually mixing shade is good !

1 Like

Not sure how much you have of each, but I love when it’s rooted with lighter hair around the front. I had a baby like this and think it adds a lot to the realism.

3 Likes

Not an experienced rooter, but lots of experience with human hair. Everyone has different shades and tones growing from their heads. Sometimes even unexpected light colors in with darks.
I don’t see anything wrong with randomly blending them together or putting in some streaks for highlights and lowlights.

2 Likes

I am definitely not an experienced rooter. I have rooted two colors together. I can’t give you the advice as I am not experienced and I am still learning. If you have test limbs or head, try rooting them together on test parts first to see them together.

1 Like

I have mixed strawberry blonde in with my redheads and it really makes good looking highlights. I personally liked it mixed. :footprints: :baby:

2 Likes

I do this pretty much always… not just with red heads… I love mixing colors on blondes and brunettes too! I love a slight color difference for dimension. :heart:

3 Likes