Ethon Brace šŸ˜

My Ethon arrived yesterday. But Iā€™ve had a migraine so I just now got him out of the box. Oh. My. Goodness. This kit is sooo precious! He can take a modified pacifier, suck his thumb, finger, or toes. His toes are separated enough that he can wear flip flops. He is made of soft, neutral vinyl. And that faceā€¦Iā€™m in love already. :heart_eyes:

28 Likes

He is precious! I am in love

1 Like

Heā€™s a sweetheart, even as a blank kit!

2 Likes

I have just started painting mine, he is very cute but not keen on the creases as they seem quite deep and look more like cuts, I think maybe Iā€™m just being picky but I do really like him.

2 Likes

IMO this is the best kit since Sunny! I love him so much I ordered 3 of them!

1 Like

He is adorable but whats with the ridge around his head? my babies didnā€™t have those .

1 Like

I thought the creases on mine were deep too. He is precious though

1 Like

I guess deep creases mean they wonā€™t need to be shaded as much? :thinking: Idk. And that dent in his head? Yeah. Thatā€™s weird. I notice sculpts sometimes have that. But I have 5 kids and worked in daycare for 25 years. Most babies donā€™t have that. Thatā€™s the only thing I donā€™t like about the kit. My Ethon is going to have hair. But the weird head seems like it would effect the hair flow. And it would mess up the flow when painting it too. But everything else is so perfect, I think I can overlook his creases and cranial issues. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think its supposed to be somewhat of a bone structure but Iā€™ve never in my life seen a baby with it like that. Honestly that is what keeps me from getting the kit. Cute face but couldnā€™t look at that ridge all day.

1 Like

Yeah It is even worse on my Esmae she looks like her skull is showing hair helps to cover it though lol , I did buy Ethon and received him last week .
He is cute even with the ridge I can overlook it I just thought perhaps they had reasons for it which I was not aware of .

Yeah, itā€™s the coronal suture. But itā€™s not usually that pronounced. I guess it is on some babies, but not most. Iā€™m guessing the real Ethon had it.

2 Likes

Well Esmae would have made a good alien child all I would have needed was grey paint and leave her bald.

1 Like

It looks like the real Ethon did have a deep ridge. She pretty much copied him exact. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

He is adorable, I love him ridge and allā€¦I just got mine yesterday as well. I have a few in line ahead of him but I canā€™t wait to get to him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My kids, at least my girl, had a ridge similar to that but not exactly. Herā€™s was more like the front part of the skull was under the back part on top. It did grow out fine as she got older. Possibly this is supposed to be something like that? But I would have to question that as this was sculpted by a professional with experience. So, I really canā€™t say. It would be interesting to get the sculpterā€™s input on that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the second of her dolls that I haveā€¦I also have Xander and he has a ridge as well, just a bit smaller. I think Ethonā€™s looks more natural. Some babies are born with a ridge, just like your kids were. I used to work for ob/gyn docs and I also used to go and draw blood from newborns on the maternity ward.