Emmy toddler in convection oven

I’m thinking about reborning one of my Emmy toddler kits. I use heat set paints. I brought a convection oven
Months ago to use. If you have done Emmy and used a convection oven. Did you set oven at 265? Did you turn limbs over n bake? What did you put on the oven tray? Should I use polyfil n a towel?

I don’t see how you could use a convection oven with a doll that size.

I’ve heard that she was done in a convection oven before. Mines is not small.

Just be real careful. I first bought a convection oven and melted two legs on Juan which was a large doll, but I did several dolls fine until I got a Nuwave. There are alot of people on here using convection ovens so maybe one of them will chime in and advise.

1 Like

I would be worried about melting. I worry about cooking food in a convection oven because the temperature varies a lot. I don’t think a doll kit would work.

1 Like

I did mine in the convection oven. I use folded cloth diapers on my tray. I did not turn her limbs while baking. I use a thermometer in the oven and go by that, not by what it is set at on the dial. I am not even sure what the dial setting is set to.

2 Likes

Thank you

There are artist that use a convection oven instead of the nuwave oven.

1 Like

I do toddlers in conventional ovens all the time. I do 265 ºF for 9 minutes. I keep a thermometer to make sure the oven temperature is correct. I set a back up timer.

I use a large casserole dish, and pad it heavily with polyfil. I make sure none of the limbs are touching the dish or each other. Depending on the size of the toddler I may bake the legs together in one go, then the arms then the head. sometimes I can arrange the head and arms together, but usually it goes in separately.

I just bake one set of limbs after the other so that all the baking get done at once. Head-Arms-Legs, then I am ready for the next round of painting. I rotate the limbs every other baking session, they get get plenty of air on the polyfil so I don’t stop in the middle of baking. (Wrists up-bake, wrists down -bake)

1 Like

I want to say @specialmoments does too?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any but would love to! That would make a great alternative to nuwave ovens.

Thank you

1 Like

Yes, I know she does. Thanks