Easter Ham!

He looks just like my dad! And reminds me of him too… To a lesser degree. He is … Totally a hambone!

2 Likes

Good one Michele, I was wondering about that too!! Is it a sealer?? for air dry?? Curious here!!

1 Like

It’s made by ghsp. It’s the improved formula of the regular matte varnish. I bought mine at dolls for real. Excellent matte coverage with out the sand paper feel… In my experience so far.

2 Likes

Thanks Piglet-----did you apply it straight and pounce it out the same way as the regular matte varnish?? It is Heat Set, correct???

2 Likes

Yes! That’s what I did!!!

1 Like

Yes… Heat set :heart:

Awesome, I gotta get me some of that stuff!!! My poor Kira has a rough chin, I guess I didn’t get it pounced out well enough, it sucks too cause so far I like her!!

2 Likes

@Nikkiroc Cute little piggy!
? on the Super Matte though. Is it really called Super Matte and the other Matte still exists? Because BB has this regarding Matte on their site

3032 - Color #8 Heat Set Matte Varnish - 2 oz. jar, Genesis
Genesis has changed the Matte Varnish. It is no longer yellowish in color. The new Matte varnish looks Matte in low light and looks satin in sunlight. It gives a really nice life-like moist look without looking fake and shiny. The Matte Varnish also adds a nice texture to the skin and help reduce the shiny look that often comes after heat setting the Genesis paints.

Could it be the old stuff that just got a new formulation and the shop you got it from is calling it Super Matte? Is it the same as BB’s newly formulated Matte?
Thanks for any help. I ordered some Satin from Macpherson and was o/s. I usually mix it with my matte. Sigh.

1 Like

Look it up on dolls so real:-) there is the regular and the super matte. I don’t know much else… Maybe it’s on Genesis website?

1 Like

No… They are not calling it super matte. It’s a different formulation made by Genesis, not oackages from DSR:-)

1 Like

@Nikkiroc Thanks, Nikki! Do you feel it’s a good replacement for a matte/satin mix?

1 Like

@bebe Well… It’s matte. So, if you want a little of the moister look… You will still need the satin mix:-) it just doesn’t have the rough texture, of the original. My old matte wasn’t working… At all, I don’t know why. It was like I wasn’t doing it, even after 3 layers. Then I found this one… I have only used it once, but it seems to work super, with out the sandpaper texture​:grinning::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks, Nikki! Maybe you had the new formulation BB has on their site? They say it isn’t as matte. Could that be it?

I don’t know… It didn’t do anything at all!

2 Likes

It was the icing on the…pig.

5 Likes

Lolololol

1 Like

Lololololololol good one! :heart:

1 Like