Ducklin, my problem child

Everything was coming along beautifully until I got to his hair. I ordered dark blond slightly wavy, but I was sent curly. Giving the benifit of the doubt that I messed up that order I thought I would give it a try. I hate it. I don’t know how to style it, I don’t know if I cut it right, it seems everything I do it looks like a hot mess.

The other problem I’m having is his eyes are too small for his sockets. I ordered the size they recommended, inserted and sealed but they are rattling around in there. Both of them are moving back and forth. I have no idea how to fix that with out getting glue all over the outside of the eye.

He was an exepensive kit and I’m disapointed.

4 Likes

Your Duckling is the cutest one that I’ve seen and I love his curly hair!. All other Duckins wanted me to cry with him, yours has a curious look.
I’ve read on this forum that people put cotton bolls or boll if foil behind the eyes. Perhaps you ca try that.

2 Likes

Bless your hands!! He has a pretty big head. I think he’s absolutely adorable!! I love love love curly hair and the color!! Just order a size up for his eyes he will be fine! You can make little ringlets with his hair when it’s wet. Adorable!’

1 Like

I love his curly hair. I’d move his hairline forward a little. I think you’d like it better. I have put small balls of foil behind loose eyes to push them up against the eyelids.

3 Likes

This was my attempt at ringlets, haha.

And yes, the boy has a huge head back there.

Lol. Take as much wet hair as you can and wrap in around your finger. You will see how cute it is :grimacing:

1 Like

That hair can be styled straight. I use curly hair like that a lot. Scrunch it when wet for curls. Curl it around a pencil when wet for more defined curls. Or brush it straight when wet. However you style it wet, it will stay when dry. I love the versatility of that kind of hair. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love that hair too…I used some like that on my Priscilla. I agree that you should bring the hairline down. As for the eyes, you’ve already gotten good advice but I personally would just buy a larger size.

1 Like

Buy a bigger size eye for sure. His eyes are what makes him adorable! And I love the hair -so cute!!!

If the eyes are the right size for eye opening but are too big for the socket in the back I have used plumber’s putty- a 2 part epoxy clay- to fix eyes into a head from the back with success. It holds them in place better than glue. I put mole skin over it once it has cured to be sure it doesn’t fall out.

1 Like

He is adorable and I love the hair it is perfect!

You can get bigger eyes or use some epoxy a painters tape (until it dries to keep his eyes where they need to be.

1 Like

Thanks all, I’m glad a lot of you like this type of hair. It gives me hope that someone might actually want to buy him.

And thanks for the eye suggestions. I was going to try some kind of glue from the front but now it looks like I’m going in from the back.

2 Likes

shes adorable! love her hair.

1 Like