Drying help needed

i need some advise. I have heads I am rooting for these kids for Christmas. I have them in front of a fan. Some are on day 2. My problem is it is rainy and cold. Has anyone ever dried the podge podge by maybe heating in oven at low temps?
I have 11 more to get dry. My house is a disaster!

I don’t have one. I have a ventless wall heater. We are int he process of getting a new heater with our tax return fromlast year.

I use e6000 too. It dries faster and modge podge doesn’t dry for days. But if you do plan to use it, about all I can suggest is the same things others did, thinner coats and a hair dryer. But sitting there blow drying head after head might not be any fun. Wish there were an easy fix.

I think Pia has once posted a picture of a cone of paper with the small end cut off (open) and a fan aimed
in the big end. You could set up a bunch of heads in a semi-circle with an oscillating fan going back and
forth. I also set my ModgePodged heads over my heat register.

Maybe she will see this and post her picture again.

— Begin quote from “CindyM”

I think Pia has once posted a picture of a cone of paper with the small end cut off (open) and a fan aimed
in the big end. You could set up a bunch of heads in a semi-circle with an oscillating fan going back and
forth. I also set my ModgePodged heads over my heat register.

Maybe she will see this and post her picture again.

— End quote

Don’t think it would work with a rotating fan, but here is the picture (distorted - Thanks to Photobucket). This is an Easter carrot that I modified and taped to a fan…
piaallen46 uploaded this image to

That is hilarious, Pia! Great way to use those bargain things you pick up at the after-holiday sales…something I get caught up in…

That’s brilliant, Pia!

I use thin layers of mod podge. when it doesn’t dry over night, I put it in front of a fan too. It usually only takes a day although I have had one take a couple of days. The rain and cold would definitely make it take longer. I don’t know about putting it in the oven but I wouldn’t think it would hurt to try one out.

Those heads finally dried each head wound up in front of the fan for 3 days each. Dang weather, the good thing is in Arkansas it will change!
My challenge this week is to make as many of the 55 sock monkeys I have to get done. I only work 24 hours this week and have warned everyone do not make plans for me to do anything else cause I am saying not me. LOL Like no is in my vocabulary!

Try a hairdryer to kickstart the drying process. Also, I use Aleene’s Okay To Wash It to seal the hair. It’s waterproof, flexible and doesn’t peel.

I do not own own a hair dryer but ty