Don't Know What to Think - - - -

I have been working on a custom Leah for a first time customer. She sent me the deposit thru a friend (I guess she didn’t have PayPal or the funds). So all thru the reborning I have been sending her photos and she has approved and loved my progress. My e-mail to her was on Nov. 9 when I completed her baby and showed her the final photos. NO response from her since the 9th and I have sent her numerous e-mails. I even sent an e-mail to her friend who PayPal-d me the deposit. NO response.

Any ideas what I should do now? I am beginning to think maybe she didn’t like the end results (although we agreed upon everything as we went), or maybe she doesn’t have the balance (but she could tell me that), but to have no response is beginning to bug me.

Any thoughts??

Uh oh- I guess all you can do is ask if she can’t pay for some reason and let her know you will give her until certain time to respond/pay and that you will need to sell the doll otherwise. I’m so sorry. Bummer!

If she were to decide she didn’t want the doll and I could sell it - - - - if you were in my place would you refund her deposit ?

I have this posted on my website under the POLICIES section.

RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AND REFUNDS ARE NOT GIVEN.

PLEASE BE SURE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE AND LET ME KNOW YOUR CONCERNS BEFORE YOU ADOPT. I WISH YOU TO BE INFORMED ABOUT YOUR BABY SO THAT YOU WILL BE ABSOLUTELY PLEASED WITH HIM OR HER.

WITH REGARD TO CUSTOM ORDERS, AS I MAKE PROGRESS IN THE REBORNING PROCESS I WILL SEND PHOTOS FOR YOUR APPROVAL. IN THIS WAY YOU ARE ALWAYS UPDATED AND REMAIN A PART OF THE CUSTOM REBORNING.

Guess I’ll send a few more e-mails her way and if I don’t hear back in the next week I’ll give her an ultimatum.

I really dislike having to deal with people who will not communicate in truth. At least her deposit did pay for the kit. You’ll get a good buyer and somebody who will love the reborn doll and appreciate all the work you put into it.

deposits have to be non-refundable for custom orders. I would contact them again and then put the baby up for sale if they don’t respond.

Why would you consider refunding? You did exactly what you were supposed to do as a Custom Artist. You sent photos throughout got her approval etc. I actually charge a 50% non-refundable deposit on custom babies. I would send her a final email. In the email state the terms of the agreement and give her a time frame in which to pay. Let her know if that she has not contacted you or paid you within the time frame that her deposit is null and void that no refund will be given and that you are selling the baby.