Does this annoy you?

You can tell that there’s a lot of extra work put into them.

2 Likes

As a consumer, I’ve seen these pre-painted kits. When you search for reborns, you find a lot kits as well as finished babies to buy. It isn’t that hard to see a kit and know that a finished baby you see has not been altered. Personally, I’m not into the pre-painted kits. I wouldn’t spend the same amount of money on one of those that clearly was not altered as another pre-painted kit that was altered. I wouldn’t pay as much for an altered pre-painted kit as a blank kit that someone painted the whole thing.

I think that if someone is wanting to buy anything they need to research that item first. If folks are assembling these kits and selling for the same price as a blank, I feel like that is mostly on the consumer.

Even though I bought 3 Ashton Drake babies, I don’t think they are actually worth their cost. I mean, I found reborns for twice the cost of an AD doll that are 10x more real looking. I decided to buy AD so I could check them out, rip them apart, and really try to better understand what these real looking babies are. For me, seeing lower quality makes it so much easier to choose a reborn baby exactly how I want it to be. Not everyone has some $600 to play with to buy 3 dolls and tear them apart. If they aren’t willing to research then that’s their problem.

I still think artists should be transparent by saying they assembled the baby or painted over existing paint but ultimately, it is on the person buying it in my mind.

Edit: I put these dolls back together. I altered them in ways I thought I’d like. I’ve added weight, played with putting the weight in different places, cut a hole for a pacifier in a silicone one, and took limbs off and put them back on. I haven’t destroyed these dolls, I gave them a few small booboos and made them feel better to me.

2 Likes

Nope , doesn’t annoy me at all. It’s like going out to eat, when you don’t want to cook for yourself. Just pay someone else to do it. :wink:

2 Likes

To each their own; doesn’t annoy me in the least.

2 Likes

Doesn’t bother me at all

As insiders, we know all the work that goes into doing a blank kit, and I’d definitely say that is reborning “from scratch”. It is different and more impressive than assembling a factory painted/rooted kit and should be priced accordingly.

1 Like

I know you are up front and honest about what you’ve done with your pigs. Those things make them unique.
And making them stand really brings them to life for me. I love seeing them standing and looking alert rather than just laying there. Laying around looks even weirder on the doll show tables where they are laying next to reborn babies. I think that makes the pigs look super freakish in comparison instead of being able to see them like upright, healthy little animals. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That same restaurant experience may not be the same if you learned the staff just opened a frozen bag and microwaved your meal.

Likewise, you might be disappointed if you’d unknowingly overpaid for an assembled factory kit that wasn’t unique in the least.

2 Likes

Well if I go to McDonald’s and eat off the dollar menu, I know what to expect.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s true. Covid-19 cuisine! Lol

4 Likes

Mmmm. I like McDonald’s :joy:

I think my issue here is wayyy overcharging people who have no idea. She’s charging intermediate reborn pricing. Like taking something somewhere very expensive for a special occasion, and then having microwave Food.

I’m torn because I feel like they absolutely should do their research, but it’s a local lady doing this, they might not even know other people who do it exist

3 Likes

So maybe you should do it and offer them for sale at a price you think is fair.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this :woman_facepalming:t2:. I don’t want to snatch her business, but I’ll see if I get any interest. I’m not positive if nb even has the pre painted in stock. I’ll go check

1 Like

:joy: They had a ton of Covid casserole at my Grandpa’s funeral. Think I made my daddy mad because I kept saying it but…:woman_shrugging:t2:

I have not noticed it. I wonder If the people buying them are aware that they are not artist painted?

1 Like

This lady is advertising them as hand painted.

3 Likes

Thats definitely not right ! Even if she added to the paint… she should still disclose that it came painted and she revamped it

2 Likes

Does she know they are not? That is not cool if she isn’t being honest.

2 Likes

She is claiming she hand-painted them. At first I wasn’t sure but when I looked closer, they’re exactly the same patterns as BB sells

2 Likes

The whole world isn’t honest anymore and it is painfull to see people make profit out off this
Before reborn i restored old dolls, one time i was selling a few off them and there was one lady that
wanted one dolls so bad !
So for not mutch she could by here from me a week or two lather she sells here for much more :confused:

1 Like