Does James look done?

Great job! I would say he is done.
The fact that he is losing colors caused by so many baking. Especially red colored tend to disappear for me.
What are you planning with eyebrows and hair? You still need to bake him, right?

2 Likes

In these pictures he has already been baked and is mostly cooled down. Should I add more mottling to his arms? Or does he look okay? I’m thinking maybe another round of red and purple :woman_shrugging:t3: But only to his limbs…it’s hard to tell because they do Match his head very well…they just seem a little plain when they are by themself.
Tomorrow I will figure out a color for the finger and toenails and get those done…for hair and eyebrows I’m going to attempt drawing it with prisma pencil. I’ve been practicing on my test head.

1 Like

Well, you are the artist (and his mother), and it’s very hard to see exact true colors in pictures, and then by different monitors anyway. So you had to make your own judgment on this. But if you feel that he needs some colors that he lost already and you still have to bake him at least two times (nails tips, then nail beds) then you can add colors. The point is that what you are experiencing is not uncommon and it happens with bakes. I would also look at him in the morning and under different light. My painting always looks more ‘juicer’ at night, and faded in the morning :rofl:
What I see - he looks good to me. I see his mottling well.

4 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:

2 Likes

You are welcome :slight_smile: I remember being ‘in your shoes’ just 2 years ago, absorbing every word, every tip…So I know how important to get helped :wink: You are doing great!

3 Likes

I appreciate it all so much! :hugs:

3 Likes

I think he looks great like he is :heart:

1 Like

ONLY YOUR THIRD BABY!!! jesus mine looks crap compared to yours wow

1 Like

Aww, thank you :slight_smile: