Does it match the photo?

Ordered $95 dollars of this hair for long thick haired $1000 custom order,
Do you think it’s medium brown? Looks more like golden light.
Guess I’m going to have to re color myself or buy more. Sigh…
Return says store credit or 20% restock. They might try that on me so I’m scared to return. Then there is the shipping there and back I lose out on $8 each way, I’m not the happiest because I thought it would be darker
This is so funny because I posted about this the last time I bought from Angora Mohtique which was actually like over a year ago but FORGOT about this experience until I just got the huge batch and remembered this happened last time too. Wrong color in my opinion. I guess in the photos on the website the hair was wet?
I don’t know, correct me if I’m wrong. I won’t be offended if I’m bugging out. Just a big customer order, I don’t want it wrong
Hugs
Katie

1 Like

Just my opinion but they probably take pics with studio lights and a nice camera.
I do think it’s very close… like not as far off as you think.
They are also taking a photo of it all bunched together where as you are spreading it out.
I think it’s gorgeous hair though either way!

1 Like

Okay thank you for writing, sometimes I get carried away.
For how much I was spending when it isn’t exactly what I thought it might be I get knit picky. We will see if the customer likes it. She wanted the color shown in the photos from the website to me it looked darker on the website but you’re right when it is bunched up it does get darker

2 Likes

I don’t think they match very well, did they send the wrong batch of hair?

I bought 4 batches of it, now I’m thinking I’m going to have to color it with human hair color. I’m scared to even return it. This is really how I feel.
Maybe if it’s wet it will look like the picture. It looks honey blond I think

2 Likes

I personally think of medium brown being less golden than that. That is maybe sandy brown blonde not medium brown. My opinion… I would be stressed either way, returning it or dying it myself. Sorry you are having this stressor :confused:

1 Like

Here’s the return policy- im nervous once I send it back they will try to say that it was the same color or something and take 20% off to restock and then give it to me in store credit plus the $16 shipping there and back off… what a headache. I’ll be losing about 30 dollars and then just be getting store credit through email.
So now I’m thinking of dying it with human hair color.
I couldn’t find long locks except for here the 9-10 inch
(I didn’t measure them yet either )
It’s stressful because I am to be having the doll complete before I leave for vacation in two weeks, so wish me luck in coloring it.
I sent the photos to the customer, it’s a big order

Once I see what the customer says I suppose I will try to color the $95 worth of hair if she wants it darker which I know she will
Now the more I type the more of a tizzy I’m getting myself into lol!

I agree that it does not look like medium brown. Looks more like light to almost golden brown. Medium brown reminds me more of like a chocolate brown.

1 Like

I agree with others, it does match the picture in certain lights. However, I would not call this color medium brown. It is more dark blonde to light brown.

1 Like

I have recently bought medium brown here is mine, exactly what I expected

2 Likes

Maybe keep this hair for other projects, or sell it on here for what you have into it and reorder, even from another company exactly what you need…just a thought

1 Like

Try Angora Mohtique. They sell great hair for a toddler head.

Laurie

Make just contact them and say you received the wrong batch of hair, and see if they will exchange it? I understand about feeling stressed about returning it, I get the same way when it’s a return to a small business owner.

1 Like

I don’t think you can dye mohair with human hair dye. I think I remember someone saying that human hair dye won’t stick to the mohair and it’ll just rinse out. You have to use acid dye or something like that. I’m no expert though, I’ve never processed mohair, just what I remember from other posts.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, that is perfect and exactly what I had in mind.

1 Like

If it was the length and amount you need I would happily give it to you for what I paid.

1 Like

That is so very kind of you

1 Like

Would you happen to have a link of where I might purchase this hair? I think I’d need an ounce, just to be sure.
Thank you!

1 Like