Does anyone know what to use to close eyes back up?

Ok so I bought Franklin by Elisa Marxs an there are slits in his eyes so I was wondering could I use sculpty to close them or is there something else I could use? I would open his eyes but I’m scared to mess him up lol but if I can’t use something that will fill in the slits then I guess I have no choice to open them. I love this kit so much! I love all her kits.

1 Like

When you say he has slits in his eyes are you talking about the way the sculpt is made or do you mean that someone actually cut slits in his eyes…

He does have little scrunchy eyes so was not sure if you mean slits as in scrunchy small eyes or if you mean slits as in cut out…Here is one that I did for a customer last year (it is just an WIP pic.)

2 Likes

Someone actually cut slits in his eyes :(. I did see one that someone open his eyes but I’m a little nervous to do that.

1 Like

There not bad I was thinking maybe I could stick some sculpty in at the end but I’m not sure.

Ok I will do that :slight_smile: off to get some coffee first lol

2 Likes

Thanks so much…Franklin is one of my favourite Eliza Marx kits…though I love all her sculpts… :smile:

2 Likes

I love Franklin too lol. I love a ton of kits, really. Someone was talking about how they’d closed the eyes on Coco Malu using some sort on stretchy bakeable elastic materal…it was someone on this forum but I can’t remember lol.

1 Like

Well here he is

I love her kits @izzy I hear ya I like So many kits too. It’s a addiction buying them. I’m trying to stop lol I guess I could be addicted to worse things lol

It’s not to bad. I talked to someone who sells sculpty on eBay an they said I could use that but it’s hard. Guess it wouldn’t matter I would just have to glue eyelashes instead of rooting them. I really wish there was another way.

He is so adorable

Ok, Leslie, here is the Coco Malu that somebody closed the eyes on. Pretty she’s a member here too.

http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=359096

Also scroll down here and she explains how she does it.
http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=337986&p=3023059&hilit=

I would think one of those vinyl repair kits would do the trick better than sculpey. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most of the Franklin’s I see have eyes. Just barely, but they are in there so I guess they cut them out. I have been wanting one of these also, I love Marx babies.

2 Likes

Does it say what kind of elastic bond they use? I don’t see it lol

They’re super small slits so I’m sure there’s a solution. I’ve heard of people closing the eyes up. I know someone on YouTube who did but don’t know what she used. I’ll see if I can ask and find out for you.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure but I think a tube of that vinyl repair stuff will work great. :slight_smile:

No problem. I sent them a message on Facebook and I’m waiting on a reply.

I hope they answer :slight_smile: some reborn artist won’t give away there secrets. I been searching the Internet can’t find anything but some stuff that kinda looks like gauze. There has to be something I can fix it with besides sculpty. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think they’re going to…they just uploaded a ton of pictures on Facebook but didn’t answer my message. I don’t see why they wouldn’t share that. If they do end up messaging me I’ll let you know. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for any info I can find.

1 Like

thank you very much :slight_smile: I didn’t order that one but I did order one that has liquid vinyl an liquid leather. That kind you have to heat up. I figured that maybe a little harder so I went with the liquid. I will let you all know how it works just in case you may need it someday. You never know :slight_smile: this will be the best 8 bucks I have spent if it works lol Air Dry Leather Repair Kit Reauto Seats Sofas 7 Intermixable Colors for sale online | eBay this is the one I bought I hope I’m reading it correctly. It’s been a long 24hrs. Haven’t even slept. Lol feeling very off

2 Likes