Does anyone know what kit this is?

The thing is that we never know in advance what kit will be in high demand.

4 Likes

Definitely a fake Loulou

4 Likes

No COA and we know this kit was copied/stolen I would say it is a fake. Trash it

4 Likes

Don’t buy LouLou without COA. You will never sell her as it’s so many fake LouLous from China there.

2 Likes

I would definitely not buy one without a COA, I just wanted to know which kit it was because I loved it and wanted to buy one somewhere else. Even buying a legit kit with no COA isn’t something I’d be keen on doing. With all the knockoffs, you’d have this expensive kit and no way to prove it’s real.

4 Likes

That’s funny about them selling April for $499. Two years ago they had her on sale for $89, not long after she had originally been released, and that’s when I purchased mine from them. Now they want that much? LOL

3 Likes

The blank April kit is going for $499???

2 Likes

I wonder if it would worth it, to buy one of those and reborn them. Is there still a high demand ? Is there a possibility to sell for a good profit or you will be stuck with them ? It took me almost a year to sell my April and I have sold her for 400$…

Beside the flood of counterfeit…

3 Likes

Do the fake kits have anything on back of the neck, # or sig? I’m guessing they can copy that also. There needs to be a tracking system🤔 Maybe every single legit kit needs a COA, then embed a barcode into the kit and create a registry to log each individual sale. If a sculptor releases 100 kits, and number 99 doesn’t coincide with the barcode, we know it’s fake. The barcode would have to be installed afterwards by the dealer or sculptor so the counterfeiters won’t have access.
If this was a possibility, I can only imagine the price of a kit!:joy: Yes, I’m rambling it’s been one of those insomniac nights, I’m delirious.

2 Likes

I agree that every kit should come with a COA, with a stamp from sculptor/dealer on it (to avoid fake COA). Maybe not a barcode, but a marking of some sort (in ink?) On the flanges that will be added after the kit comes back from the factory.
It’s not a stupid idea at all.

4 Likes

$400, ouch that’s painful! I hate those $1 minimum wage earning babies! I too wonder a bit of it’s worth it, it could be worth a lot more in a while once there are truly no more kits, but you never know. I love this kit so much, I consider paying the $499 for my first ever keeper. But than again, there’s a reason I sell and don’t collect, so it may not be worth it

1 Like

I should have kept her, regarding back. But I was a bit frustrated by the lack of interest and was happy to finally having someone wanting her.

I have the same problem with Ethon and Azalea now, I will stripping and re-do them. I don’t have the ability to see wich kit will be a must, it seems. That or I paint really worse than I think.

I don’t think it’s that! You know, I’m not excellent by any means but for the last 2 years I’ve been selling babies that were listed at $800+ within hours of listing them. These last 6 months or so, I’m lucky if I sell one regularly priced baby a month and even my boo boo babies sell very slow now, even if they are listed at like $250-$300. I definitely don’t think it’s you, I think sales are slow right now for almost all of us, and those that are looking to buy don’t seem to have a lot to spend. I haven’t seen either of your babies but I’d get some feedback before stripping them, it may be them, it may be the market. I have been trying not to stress on sales and just hoping if I have a huge inventory that Christmas season will be the same as every year and I’ll be able to sell as many babies as I have available that month or so.

3 Likes

I never sold more than 1-2 dolls a month, usually between 350-500$. Those two where made long ago, so it’s not the current market really. It’s a fact that my skills have improved tho so I can sell at a higher price now than 2 years ago.
I think about raising my prices even more.
Thanks for the encouragement :relaxed:

1 Like

Your welcome :slight_smile: And my two cents you should not be selling any non boo boo babies for $300! You’ve been painting long enough, you paint well enough and I strongly feel like artists selling excellently painted babies for so cheap makes customers expect prototype quality babies for so cheap!

3 Likes

I totally agree