Do you see what i see?

Grrr so aggravrated !! did most of the painting on Londyn and then reshading by the nose i noticed this !YOU ALL SEE IT?.
One side of the nose is not like the other .One side is lower and the nostril is thinnerTbe hole different shaped …I kept wondering why the shading looked different This wasnt a second although was on sale a while back.
How can i sell her even if i shade to make itlook more similar ? … its NOT!!

6 Likes

I think that is just how she is… but on all my pictures I don’t notice it… and I hadn’t noticed it until you said something… lol

2 Likes

Here’s mine when done

4 Likes

None of the babies are symmetrical. It makes them more real! Yours is fine!

7 Likes

London’s nose is like mine. Human faces are not symmetrical. I don’t think it looks that bad.

3 Likes

That makes her look even more realistic.

3 Likes

I noticed it when painting mine, but it was not a problem. I just shaded the creases and then added blue and purple shading like usual. It really does not jump out at all to me. Londyn is a keeper for me, she just might be my favorite. I love her. Here are some WIP pictures, but I am not sure if you can see how I did the shading.

7 Likes

That pic wasnt the best
Here is a better pic of how it looks .I havent had a doll kit yet in 20 something BB kits was so off as this …Past human differences
Im not a super picky person but this is glaring to me

Thanks for tbe pics of yours i can see they are off slightly .mine to me looks worse but shading may hide it somewhat

4 Likes

It still looks beautiful!!!

Ok I must be blind, cause I don’t see anything, and I even put my glasses on. What am I missing? :blush:

1 Like

The nostrils connect back to the upper lip area differenlty

2 Likes

Oh I would have never caught that. Well maybe if I was painting her, but just looking at her on where I didn’t see it.

2 Likes

Lol, I know. I didn’t notice it and I painted her in the last 2 months or so! LOL

2 Likes

Actually the nostril flare is bigger wider higher on the right side looking at the pic and .the nostril hole is bigger too on that side
Must say i feel better you dont see it.! I did a Londyn before and didnt notice it… like this one.
What i dont want is to sell her and have her come back because of the variance On everyone pic i dont find much of a diff just slight but this one of mine

jennyk yes thanks I do see.i just shaded mine more to bring it lower like you did ( not the above pic)

My last Londyn here.She was ok

2 Likes

So i went for a distraction and some shading
Mottled pink
.It looks solid pink but thats my cell camera iI might need to bring cheeks down and less shade on the big side of the nose … will see when dry

2 Likes

Don’t panic, you’re going to see lots of kits that are not completely symmetrical. It happens all the time. Do your best, that’s all you can do, that’s what the rest of us have to do. It stinks huh?