Do you purchase babies from other artists, make your own, both, or just an artist?

I do both. I’ve purchased two from @specialmoments and one coming from Brooke Nicole, a second hand baby, and one I made myself. Will post pics later.

((By the way, sale of my Punkin with FULL limbs fell through so if you’re interested, send me a PM. She is this year’s Christmas Budget baby so you wont want to miss this deal. She will be bald )) Serious inquiries only.

15 Likes

I do both, I buy for my own collection or my keepers, I love many of our artists!!

3 Likes

I only make them for myself. Still trying to get it all down.

1 Like

I do both. Started with buying my first one, then made my second baby. Since then I’ve made and sold babies. I have a baby coming from Little Dearies, should be here this week! So excited!

1 Like

Just an artist. Although, there have been a few really cute ones that I didn’t want to part with.

2 Likes

I only make them for myself and sell some off. I like how I can make exactly what I want without having to pester a good artist. And it’s cheaper too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I make to sell, make a few for myself, and have bought from other artists.

2 Likes

Yes @bountifulbaby use a pic of that beautiful baby!

I have a boo boo baby from @anon77773884 and she didn’t mind me altering her a bit. I have a Swap baby from @mcurbelo and a contest baby from @Nikkiroc I have kept 2 Rileys though I am ready to sell one of them as a “Practice Baby”. One baby I had an xacto knife incident with and I have painted and kept a few alternatives. I have only given and sold babies at the cost of materials to friends and family. I do plan to start selling to the public sometime in 2019.

3 Likes

I have a few from another artist and swaps but generally I make them as gifts and the rest I sold. I do have some silicone dolls. I sold a lot of them though. I dress up, photograph and play with the cheaper ones. I haven’t found that perfect keeper one yet. I’m starting to learn to paint silicone and when I get good, I will paint Izzy’s Natalie. :blush:

4 Likes

The bodies are piling up in the closet buts it’s only because they are too crappy to sell or even give away. I’ve found I lose interest in the last doll very quickly once I start making a new one. I enjoy making them so much that I would probably gift them all if the supplies weren’t so dang expensive!

3 Likes

lucky you, I love Izzy, she is awesome!

2 Likes

I make them and send them on their way. I would rather collect the money instead of the dolls :wink:

2 Likes

Both and you are so lucky. I would love to have a baby created by Brooke Nicole. She is my favorite artist.

2 Likes

I have several babies from other artist’s, I have 3, I made myself and I have sold many. Even with my collection I will keep a baby a while then resell them once I find a new one I want lol. Other then my babies from Swaps or friends they are forever babies…

4 Likes

The plan was to make one or two as model for my crochet outfits. Then, you know, I became addict ! I make them for sell to afford more supplies to make more. I haven’t buy any from other artists but want to in the futur.

4 Likes

I have made and sold a few and made and kept lots! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I have never seen one of Brooke Nicoles babies for sale. I think she stopped painting earlier this year if I am not mistaken.

I only do the art part. I dont collect yet. However, I am doing silicone now and I’m definately going to keep a baby from my first sculpt, mold, pour and paint :slight_smile: It will be MY first me baby.

1 Like

She is on facebook and paints and sales babies or painted kits like once a week or a few time a month.

2 Likes

I make and sell. I don’t keep them although I have a couple of kits in my stash that will be keepers some day. My daughter has 2 that we received in swaps. I take that back, I do have 1 keeper that I made. My little Grinchy. :blush:

1 Like

I only keep a few of mine, 99% I sell, but my dearest friend, gifted me with a painted kit (I have wanted an AA baby done by her forever
painting by Shawnetta Jones, hair, eyes, ect… by me… I just love him so much
!!

<3

7 Likes