Disappointing order

Mine is the asleep kit

1 Like

I ordered the sleeping kit as well. She’s out for delivery today. I’m glad to have seen this warning about her vinyl before getting mine and being disappointed. I don’t fault bountiful baby for doing what they have to do to remain open and weather the pandemic. They tried to ensure that they’d have enough kits to meet demand and had diminishing options for factories able to pour them.

I can’t imagine it was an easy decision sending their sculpts to an unknown factory in the midst of a market full of stolen sculpts. I’m sure that they were as disappointed as we are when they received an entire shipment of harder vinyl. They’ll do the right thing and return to using their previous factory when they’re able to, I’m certain of it. BB possesses an increasingly rare quality when it comes to business- integrity. I will continue to support them.

Having said that, with regards to the harder vinyl, I really need to improve my hair painting. Maybe this kit will be the push I need.

I can’t wait to see the new calendar!

3 Likes

Yes I’m not overly thrilled about how hard the head is…

1 Like

I got mine (ordered when kotd), and it’s in perfect condition, so hopefully they’ll make things right for you. I don’t understand what everyone’s talking about with the vinyl being hard though? Mine is every bit as soft as every other kit I’ve worked on?

2 Likes

I actually rooted Marnie, who was the harder vinyl also and it wasn’t bad at all compared to what I expected. :slightly_smiling_face: Rooted just fine for me with a 46g crown needle I do believe is the one I used… :thinking:

2 Likes

I got both the asleep and awake Felicity, and theres just a giant black mark on the asleep foot. The vinyl also has a really strong smell and is super hard :frowning: She’s adorable but this gosh darn pandemic has taken a toll on the quality I think.

1 Like

Really ? My head is really hard! I’m worried about rooting it…

Yes I got two of the asleep kits and they are very hard and smell terrible.

1 Like

Just curious where the kit was poured with so many complaints. Does it have “JD” and a number on the flanges? If so it was poured by JoyDolls in China that does excellent quality work and is used by the majority of the sculptors. I think I read the BB was going to expand and use several factories? This might be what happened. I personally don’t care for the German vinyl as much as the ones from JoyDolls. Elisa Marx, Andrea Arcello and Olga Auer (and others) use the German factory. Romy Legler was German vinyl and Sam Legler was from JoyDoll and there was a difference in the vinyl color and density.

2 Likes

I just finished looking mine over. Her vinyl feels velvety smooth but her head is definitely thicker/harder. Her vinyl does have more of a smell but it’s not terribly unpleasant. She smells like a la newborn berenguer doll. She has one metal fleck on her finger, but I don’t think it’ll be a deal breaker to either pick it out or paint over it.

3 Likes

That looks like it’s very close to the top. I would pick it out and fill it in. There’s another one I see on the hand also so far

2 Likes

There’s no JD on mine. The neck flange reads “Realborn Felicity Asleep” in the usual spot. The bottom of the flange has the number 10. (sorry the picture is upside down)

The leg says “Felicity” around it and “10” on the bottom.

The arm flanges are skinnier than usual and don’t have anything printed around them. They say “Felivity” and “11” on the bottom.

3 Likes

This is exactly what mine have also @pia.

I think the only real disappointment about my order is that I didn’t receive a calendar. I was really looking forward to seeing it, but I guess perhaps they ran out.

1 Like

Did she come in a large priority box?

No, I also got 2 pounds of their polyfil, some glass beads and a few other things so it came in a rectangular plain brown box.

If you order two kits they can fit the calendar on the bottom of the box or order enough for them to use that size I think?

This batch looks German vinyl to me, with the “JD” missing on the flanges and the light orange color of the vinyl. I prefer JD’s vinyl, too. I HATE German vinyl.

Was there any damage to them? I didn’t notice a smell to mine but I’m not really happy with the hard heads.

I noticed the flange was much smaller in diameter than normal too!