Disappointed in

Artist I used to admire…I remember when Melissa George was a hit proto artist. She was the first to use applied hair…lanugo and capillaries…

The hair on her Levi is just not good…and makes me sad :flushed::sleepy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MG-Dolls-reborn-baby-girl-by-Melissa-George-Olivia-Fixed-Hair-3D-/184959139419?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

2 Likes

:frowning: It’s not great, but what was really shocking to me was the price! The buy it now price is only $648, that seems incredibly low for her work, even if it’s not the greatest.

Maybe it did not turn out as she expected and she considers it a boo boo baby.

1 Like

I never remember what artist did what but I do know I can’t seem to get into applied hair, it seems like a lot of work. It feels like if you are going to go through that much work might as well root? I have seen it look nice a couple times but was never fooled by the effect. It does kinda translate if you are going for that newborn fresh wet head look. JMO

1 Like

Well done applied hair is rooted first, sealed inside then sealed outside ; )

3 Likes

I have thought about doing applied hair on some of my dolls. I go to a lot of trouble with rooting and styling and I was thinking on certain dolls that I would like to preserve it. I would also like to be able to hold some of my rooted keepers without fussing with their hair constantly. Some dolls, I like being able to brush the hair different ways, others I would prefer the hair to be fixed in place.

5 Likes

And…I have seen some of hers look really good…this one…too pluggy😱

2 Likes

The hair does look pretty pluggy. It’s a shame, because the painting looks nice!

1 Like

Don’t like it at all my first doll look like this all pluggy :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :open_mouth:
She wanted it to look 3 D but i doesn’t seem like it all

Doesn’t her Rebekah have applied hair? They don’t even look like they were done by the same artist! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Must be one of her earlier works or a boo boo baby. I know sometimes I have one every now and then that isn’t the best and I sell for less for that baby

2 Likes

See that hair is amazing. I’d choose having that over rooted

2 Likes

The baby I have of hers up for sale has applied hair and it is not pluggy.

4 Likes

It is rooted. But then it’s sealed on top of that. Her patreon has a whole series of the making of that Rebekah.

1 Like

I want him. But I don’t collect. Your post looking for kits to trade is very tempting though. But if I dare start collecting I won’t be able to stop. Right now my only keeper is my Anna Banana prototype. She doesn’t count because she’s special (my first prototype) and she’s too tiny to take up any room. But Spencer would be a great way to start a collection.

1 Like

Is she doing Patreon again?

Learn something new everyday, had no idea it was rooted first.

2 Likes

I do plan to do one with applied hair…it will be for I do for myself. Keeping their hair pretty is a job.

How did yall see the doll’s hair? I couldn’t get any pics except the main one.

1 Like

Nevermind. I looked on the full description.