Did you keep your first baby?

Was thinking about my bab…Avery kit
.She is my 4th but the first 3 were rush job for xmas presents for small grand daughters so almost didnt count
Avery seems like my first…I took my time with Avery and she looks so real im keeping her for myself.

What about you ? Did you keep your first or find one you just couldnt part with?

6 Likes

Noi didn’t kee my first, while I tight she was adorable and loved her kit (heather) I’m choosy about what’s in my collection as I was a collector first. Heather now belongs to my sister who has only sons and fell head over heels for her when she was complete! So she’s still “in the family” but not in our house.

4 Likes

I kept my first.

2 Likes

I recently gave my first to my aunt for Christmas. She wanted her for a while now so I decided to give it to her.

2 Likes

Nope. I have none of my babies. I wish I did. I’m still new to this so I’m keeping the next one (actually my kid is lol)

2 Likes

Same here…first two were for my granddaughters at Christmas and I was working on a time crunch. They had veins, light mottling, and creases done, but could have had some more blushing done…newbie mistake. My third, Kaelin aka Lillie, I took my time on and she came out soooo cute that she is staying right here with me.

1 Like

I kept mine for many years, but eventually took it apart and redid it and sold her. There are a few a have kept over the years, and from time to time I think about selling them, only because they take up space I need.

2 Likes

Yes, because trust me, nobody would want her. Her orange-y hair is stiff, dry and pluggy. Her skin is shiny and blotchy. Her body doesn’t fit her right. I just recently put her away for my daughter, only because she is my first ever baby. I had no idea what I was doing. I had only seen my first reborn a couple weeks before. :frowning:

6 Likes

No…my first one went to the granddaughter that got me hooked on this addiction.

15 Likes

I sold my first, and her mommy has since ordered two more dolls from me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did, he was too hideous to sale​:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

My first one is still here and she now belongs to my daughter. She did just ask me if we could pack her away though. She wants to make room for her new swap baby.

2 Likes

This is interesting.
im suprised more havent kept baby 1 at least just to see how you grow in baby making but they do take up room…

3 Likes

I didn’t keep my first lol…I disassembled her, stripped her and sold her as a booboo kit. That’s how bad she was. :joy: Sculpting is more up my alley…I did keep my first sculpt.

5 Likes

I have my first. Actually, we have all our babies. :slight_smile: But my first one is crap. Lol

But I still love cuddling her and seeing how much I’ve improved since then. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I still have my first because it was too bad to sell or give away. She basically was my practice doll from a badly done reborn that I stripped and removed the hair. She resides in a box…lol. (From a distance she is cute).

2 Likes

I gave my first to my Mum for Christmas present and she loved it, she still thinks it is better and prettier than all the babies I’ve made since her. Thanks Mum…

2 Likes

I did keep my 1st who was Teagan. He is sitting in a basket in my living room with a little hat that stays on his head because my rooting was absolutely hideous, but he was my 1st and I just can’t part with him.

2 Likes

My youngest daughters got my first two. last year I “redid” Ethan (Bella) but my youngest won’t let me redo Kaylee Teagan who has a pluggy halfway full head of hair. The other half has fallen out LOL. She loves her baby just like she is because Mama made her.

3 Likes

One thing I noticed is over the years, there are more tutorials, and Utube to learn from. As some of the older reborners will probably remember we had NOTHING. There were some groups that got together to help each other, but those were never close to me. It was just a self taught learning experience, and we started out with acrylic paint that would rub off if not handled properly, and there was no rooting, we used wigs, and the Berenguer dolls that we bought from Walmart, and had to strip and sand the head smooth if we wanted a bald baby. Reborning has come a long way since I first started. So I said this to say that the new reborners are starting out making much better looking 1st time reborns than my 1st.

8 Likes