Did I do right?

I had a person buy one of my dolls and deposit the money in PayPal today. However, when I got home tonight I had an email from her mother saying she wanted to cancel the transaction because her daughter’s bank account was low. Here’s how I responded: i am willing to refund the money, but I wish to hear from (daughter) herself unless she is a minor. (Reborns has her listed as 29 years old) I didn’t make the transaction with the Mom. I was doing business with the daughter. What do you guys make of this whole thing? I haven’t refunded yet, but I will if I hear from my customer in person.

13 Likes

You definately did the right thing!

2 Likes

See, I feel like I have a contract with the daughter and she should have to ask to break that contract, not a third party? Am I correct?

7 Likes

Absolutely.

1 Like

You are correct if the daughter is of age then she should be the person to cancel if it is needed.

Anybody ever have anything like this come up before? This poor baby has lost two moms already. The first one put him on hold and then couldn’t get PayPal to work for her. Now this… poor little guy. It’s a good thing he’s a doll and not a real baby, huh? He’d be having a bad case of the “rejecteds”.

2 Likes

I agree that you should deal with the daughter------but------what if this girl has some mental issues and is irresponsible with money, maybe her mother is trying to protect her, AGAIN??? I would totally understand a situation like this, however we won’t know if anything like that could be happening. Maybe you should contact the daughter and tell her what happened and see if she still is going ahead with the transaction, if she is, then I guess you have to go thru with it???

3 Likes

Somthimes some 29 years old has certain disability and mother has to help managing the money .but they should sort it out first .

3 Likes

I intend to refund the money if I understand what’s going on. I don’t even know if this is really her mother. Someone there owes me a bit of an explanation, I think, I could have already shipped and what a mess that would be. As it is I went out and bought some extra things for this baby because I was short of boy stuff. It just is difficult to know what to do if I don’t get some more explanation. I mean, if she’s and adult, and it’s her bank account, I really can’t deal with her mother. I need to hear this from her. I have a great niece who has a few issues, and my sister intervenes for her on things like this, but my sister would have explained enough to me that I could understand in order to do the right thing.

3 Likes

??? I guess. I’m just not sure. I will cancel and refund if things aren’t made clear to me. I don’t want problems down the line.

2 Likes

I don’t think she would have her own PayPal if that was the case… She would have to go through her mothers. If it’s hers… She would have her own bank account and credit card. You are doing the right thing.

4 Likes

yes. you know if mom takes their 18 year old to the doctor, they deal with the “adult” patient not the parent. Just sayin’

I wonder if this a potential fraudulent situation. Could the daughter have used the mother’s account? I remember reading about a mother/daughter who had the adult daughter order a doll, the daughter gets it, mother disputes the claim on her account as not authorized and the seller lost their money and never got the doll back. They saw pics of the daughter with the doll, though.

4 Likes

Yikes, that’s really scary!! Helen, could that be something that’s happening??

I’m so sorry, Helen! You have no proof the third party is her mother. It could be a disgruntled “friend” trying to be mean. Keep us updated.

1 Like

I had a mother file a claim with Pay Pal when her daughter bought paid for and received the baby. this “daughter” was 29 yrs old. You never know they said the baby was over stuffed, then said it didn’t weigh enough,then wanted her money back but wouldn’t send the baby.I hope her name isn’t Kim.Bought two babies loved the first then complained on the second one, tried to get two babies for price of one with mothers assistance.

@Shera1 Sheila, I hope it worked out in your favor? Do you mind sharing the outcome?

Yes, you did the right thing. And if she did have a disability her mom should have had control of the bank actions.

You did the right thing. It might be a mom who hates reborns. When my friend was purchasing hers (she 34 btw) her mom go so pissed off because she thinks reborns are ‘creepy and unhealthy’ that she contacted the artist to get a refund and cancel the order. Thankfully friend and the artist were in constant contact and they figured out really quick what was going on.

Not saying that has happened here but it’s where my brain immediately jumped to.

1 Like

Wow, @Bananafana. Just… wow. :flushed: