Date on birth/Adoption certificate

What birth date do you put on your birth certificates? The date they were finished or something close to the adoption date?

3 Likes

I always put the date finished unless the new mom wants a specific dateā€¦I use to give 2 certs with every baby - one was a birth cert and the other was an adoption cert but I stopped doing that a few years backā€¦Figured that most adoptive parents see the baby as theirs so I started putting the adoption date on a leg band and the birth date on the certificate but I stopped doing that tooā€¦ahahahahahahahaha! now it is just the cert with the actual ā€˜date and timeā€™ of the birth.

6 Likes

I use the day they were born.

3 Likes

I put the date and time of when they were finished.

3 Likes

I still do that.

Me, too!

2 Likes

I always use the date and time I put them together.

1 Like

Thank you for asking this question. I kept meaning to do it but never did.

My answer is: When I finish cutting all the cables and tuck all the tips in I consider the baby ā€œbornā€. I use that date and time of the certificate. I also include the weight and length of the baby and the original kit name, sculptor and my name. I have a space for the adoptive parent to write their name and the adoptive baby name and there is also a place for me to sign the certificate. There is also a small photo of the babyā€™s face on it. That way they canā€™t mix it up with another baby.

Now Iā€™m wondering if I should have put a space for date of adoption?

Has anyone ever had a customer complain for any reason because of the birth or adoption certificate?

The reason I ask is I do wonder if these are as important as the amount of time I put into them. Now that Iā€™ve created my template etc. itā€™s not so bad but I really put some thought into this, use pretty paper and Iā€™m not sure customers really care that much. I probably could have made something acceptable in 5 minutes, you know? That being said, it does give an overall quality feel when a client is doing the box opening. Sometimes the little things can create a totally different impression without the person really knowing why they feel that way. Could be the same baby but presented differently, and they just might not fall in love.

Another concern/thought:
I keep the real birth date on the certificate. Sometimes we can have dolls that take a while to sell. Iā€™m afraid if the customer receives the doll and sees the ā€œbirthā€ happened 6 months ago or maybe more, it may turn them off. Even if the baby is wonderful with no obvious flaws, they may feel that they were sold ā€œold stockā€ or that maybe there was something wrong with it if the artist couldnā€™t sell it as soon as it was ā€œbornā€. Because of this, would we be better off not writing dates and letting the adoptive parent fill in an adoptive certificate only that doesnā€™t include birth date?

There is the issue of if you make a lot of babies and donā€™t want 2 of the same kit being confused though. I mean, if you made a Kyle the first time you reborned, and another today, you might want a date on the cert or maybe doll body to show one was created in 2010 and the other in 2016.
Any thoughts on that?

@jeanhai I hope you donā€™t mind my asking these questions here as I felt they were all related. If you prefer I open another thread instead, please let me know and I will remove these and start a new one. Thanks!

3 Likes

These are relevant questions for this thread. I donā€™t mind at all.

3 Likes

I leave the birth date and name blank for the new mommy to fill in.

1 Like

Thank you! Any thoughts on this yourself?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about that, too. Not sure how to handle it since pics are on my FB page referring to the original date of birth.

1 Like

What about adding in something about how theyā€™ve been awaiting the perfect mom/dad since ___________

2 Likes

Yeah. I like that.

1 Like

I ordered my birth certs from vista print, I donā€™t think I looked what is on them! They will be here tomorrow, Iā€™ll post one! Iā€™m super excited:-) btwā€¦ Where has @Miss_Kitty been?

4 Likes

Last post I saw was about school keeping her busyā€¦ I think

1 Like

Hmmmm, I hope she is ok. Itā€™s weird to go cold turkey.

1 Like

Just looked more. Her Father in law is at the end of his life and her hubby went to CA to be there. That was 9 days ago. And she was on 3 days ago. I think she is just busy with life at the moment. :heart:

4 Likes

Oh shoooooot. Well, love and prayers to ya @Miss_Kittyā¤ļø

3 Likes

I certificates of adoption instead of birth certificates.

3 Likes

But, then there are the ladies who refer to themselves as ā€œReborn Pregnantā€,LOL, so the adoption thing wouldnā€™t be right either! LOL I donā€™t know what to do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like