Cute kits with a tummy plate or a body

She is the far right with the swim suit on.

1 Like

When I bought Angel, I looked for a kit whose neckring was the same.

1 Like

Any baby who has a full vinyl torso IS NOT CUDDLEY!! They are cute but Stiff as a board. They have a soft body inside them but that does not help to make them a baby that you would like to cuddle. Cloth bodies are definitely the way to go if you are looking for a baby to hold and cuddle.

2 Likes

My LDC baby is cuddly but hard to strip! I like LDC kits but not the sculpts on a lot of them. But I know it’s not the same as a cuddle baby or a doe body. Any kits you recommend with really soft limbs or faces?

1 Like

@katieperry Google! It was the cutest one. A lot of pics from this forum show up on Google. I hope everyone knows that! It is best to watermark your pics.

2 Likes

Mei Lien by Ping Lau comes with a belly plate. Her plate is attached to another piece of vinyl which I thought was a clever idea, as it can hold the piece so you don’t have to find someplace to hang it so it can dry. After you are finished painting you just cut it away with an exacto knife.

I don’t know where you can find her in the US but here she is from Once so Real in Germany http://www.oncesoreal.com/popup_image.php?language=de&pID=6222&sessID=4appvv4p8v9p0ilhf36lbmabb7

1 Like

I think your best bet would be to find a kit you like and check out the belly plates BB has. There is quite an assortment now.

I ordered Angel. She comes with a full female torso. I don’t like the face. So when I reborn her, I will use another head. You can cut the torso in half to just use the front part.

3 Likes

My granddaughter has been wanting Maggie. I am thinking about painting her for her for Christmas. I do have the kit and it is not cuddly at all.

2 Likes

I love her features! Thanks @RebornsbyZebra and thanks everyone else. I’m not a fan of the belly plates on bb. Really want a torso, full or lower. But not sure which are softer than regular vinyl. I might need to give up and get a cloth body silicone.

2 Likes

After using a couple other belly plates, in my opinion the BB belly plates are far better. I love the realistic detail they have. I managed to score two female BB plates from Dollsgarden in Germany. Typically as soon as they are restocked they all fly out the door, I was lucky I managed to get two, I would have liked more :wink:

2 Likes

Have you tried a Ping Lau or an Adrie one?

1 Like

Yup, painted Reine last month as a custom.

Your opinion of the kit? Some like their stuff and some hate it.

Reine?
I don’t like her, she was a custom. Her face is shaped weird, her cheeks are huge LOL. She came out alright though :wink:

Im excited to paint Mei Lien, she’s much cuter :wink:

1 Like

I’m going to make Raven, Arya and Sansa for my collection some day. Although I need to do more learning and less collecting at this point lol! I’m waiting for good prices on the kits and supplies.

2 Likes

Raven is cute…Ill be watching for your babies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to make a few limited edition babies once I get my footing and try selling them on reborns.

2 Likes