Cuddle babies with armature

This is my take on cuddle babies with armature. I tried it both ways and I prefer them without. The armature is okay if you want to pose the baby for display but when you pick it up it stays in that position. Cuddle babies are supposed to be, well, cuddly. Without armature, they’re very poseable but move into a natural position when you pick them up. This is my cuddle baby Hannah. Not the greatest pictures but you can see how poseable she is. The key is a cuddle body that has proportionate limbs (I made this one) and is just the tiniest bit understuffed. I filled her limbs with poly pellets and weighted her body and head. I just sold her last Saturday at a doll show.
DSCN0401

DSCN0390
DSCN0384
DSCN0385
DSCN0386
DSCN0388
DSCN0389

22 Likes

I LOVE this baby!

Thanks, Nikki.

Nice body and baby! @jeanhai

Your body looks great lady!!

So sweet!

Thank you all so much.

I love her, she is perfection! What kit is her head?

She sold!!! Congrats @jeanhai !!! I’m glad because I was trying to figure out how to buy her! :heart:

Very nice body! Great job on it.

The head is a discontinued BB Hannah head. I wish I could get another one. I’d do her again.

3 Likes

She is adorable. I like the armature with the body like Adrie Stoete did. The legs are front loading and both legs and arms use joints. Not so stiff when you pick them up yet cuddly and posable.

2 Likes

Here he is with clothes on.

4 Likes