Courtney and Hudson

I received my Courtney and Hudson kits today and figured I’d share some details about them with flanges and vinyl.

They both seem to have the same vinyl and it seems to be nice. It’s lighter than the old bb kits but they’re softer as well.

Courtney’s flanges are definitely better than Hudson’s.

Courtney

Hudson

I hate his flanges and openings. They’re so small and thin…

12 Likes

It’s really too bad that Hudson’s flanges are so bad, he’s such a cute kit! I’d recommend seeing if you can get rings to stay on or if the flanges can be secured in a body before you start to paint him. I had the same exact flanges on both Ruby and Sage kits. I didn’t notice until after I painted and rooted. I could not get them to stay in a ring or not pop off their bodies, even with plugs, so they were both unsellable and I wasted over a month working on them. BB will replace or refund them if you find they won’t work before you work on them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Hudson’s head flange looks soo tiny. I wish BB vinyl would come is a peach color like LLE or Bonnie Brown kits. BB kits takes sooo much paint because they start out very very pale but I’m excited to get my kits today.

3 Likes

Oh thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face: Bought Courtney over the weekend and was thinking about going back and getting Hudson but don’t think I want to deal with the flanges lol.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is how rubys arms are. I put her in a cuddle body. Bb wouldn’t not refund or replace

2 Likes

Hudson’s neck flange does look so small

3 Likes

Yes, my ruby’s arms are fine but compared to Hudson’s neck flange, its different. I definitely thought it looked tiny in the photos but not as small as it actually is :pensive:

1 Like

Thank you for this. I will not be ordering Hudson, although I really wanted him :frowning:

1 Like

Also, I don’t think it would even be possible to keep a ring on his neck, maybe if it’s glued on but there’s absolutely no support from the bottom of the flange to the middle where you put the zip ties. It’s almost exactly the same size. Supper saddening since he’s an adorable kit!

Here’s a comparison of my wip landon’s neck flange vs Hudson’s

2 Likes

No problem, I just want people who are deciding on him to be aware. He’s such a sweetie pie just not worth the troubles in my opinion.

2 Likes

Can’t figure out why BB continues to sell kits that have problems.

4 Likes

Looks like he’s sold out, so I’m sure we’ll be hearing soon if there’s problems putting him together.

1 Like

With Hudson’s neck flange maybe add some silicone to the bottom of the flange to make it more sturdy and keep it from separating from the body?

Same here. I am leery of buying any more of their kits with all the issues of lately.

1 Like

I’d rather spend a $100.00 on a kit, just to not have to deal with that.

2 Likes

You should search for the thread where we discussed this with the other flanges, I along with many others tried every glue known to man, vinyl putty, some other stuff and nothing worked. Some people tried to build up the flange if I remember correctly. But it could save you some time on certain methods if your going to try to get him to work.

1 Like

Yes I’ve read it and there were some very good ideas on there!

1 Like

Is @bountifulbaby not inspecting, testing and approving the prototypes before ok’ing a ton of kits to be produced? Seems like they need to design a peice to fit in the head like a plug the will help hold stuff together kinda like for Blinkin & nod to fit on cloth bodies :thinking: that would solve the problem with the current kits and then they can work on solving the problem with the factory not producing working kits. :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, on Hudson’s product page where they show the photos of the blank kit you can clearly see that he has inadequate flanges. I wondered with all the complaints about flange issues lately how they could possibly not notice. It also makes me wonder about the prototype babies being sold of those sculpts. Did the prototype artists get good flanges or figure out how to make them work, or is someone going to spend thousands of dollars on a prototype baby and have the limbs and head constantly popping off?

4 Likes