Confession time about Celeste

THAT’S IT!!! THAT’S WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE, EXACTLY! Thank you for putting into words what I’ve been thinking but couldn’t quite put my finger on…I agree that the open eyes make her look better, more natural…oh geez…I soooooo want to try and open the eyes on mine but have never tried it. SCARY! :anguished:

1 Like

Helen, when did you see that? I missed it and I would love to see it, how can I find it?

Ludmila, here’s a pic of Celeste with open eyes…hope it’s okay with the amazing artist for me to post:

5 Likes

Oh I see, she really is cute with the opened eyes.

2 Likes

Just go easy when you do it. It’s easy to make the cuts, but easier to go too far. There is actually a fold you can follow, but don’t try to make them any more open than that. They are just peeky eyes. I have decided I’m going to do it. I really want her to be that way and will not be satisfied with my failure. We’ll do it together!
Take a deep breath… Ready? Set? GO! (I have to wait until my head gets here though.)

5 Likes

Karen beat me to the post. I was going to answer your question but that girl is FAST! (Thanks Karen)

3 Likes

My head should be here sometime today ~ I’m game if you are! LET’S DO THIS!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Fist bump!

2 Likes

She’s out for delivery!!! Come to mama!!!

3 Likes

Mine will probably be here Monday. She shipped yesterday. BB is so good about shipping immediately.

1 Like

Made a reference picture to have with me when I’m doing this; got a fresh blade in my exacto ~ nervous but excited at the same time!

I can see where the lines are to cut. Mine won’t have lashes. I think no lashes is better than screwing up rooted ones and the others would look too “dolly” I am guessing…come on, Celeste!

5 Likes

Yes, they are! My Celeste was delivered this morning! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

See the little line where you have to cut? The corners are the hardest. Pia says to file them or sand the slits after the cut and use acetone to smooth the cuts.

1 Like

Great reference pic, Karen!

2 Likes

I see the lines ~ boy, is this scary!

1 Like

Thanks, Amy ~ I’m a visual person and have to SEE things. Hope the artist doesn’t mind; if she does, I will remove it.

2 Likes

I’m sure she’ll be fine. :smile:

Whose work is she anyway? I would at least like to give her credit in my heart.

2 Likes

Ok . . . now I’m really torn. I love the way the open eyes look on Celeste, but I’m freaked out about cutting into a perfectly good kit. She will only be my 3rd reborn ever. If I am brave enough to do this she will be my 1st “open eyed” baby. Add that to the first open mouth and I’m feeling overwhelmed before I have even washed the kit! I don’t know what to do!

1 Like

That is my Celeste and no I don’t mind at all. Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be doing well on ebay. But oh well it was fun to try!

4 Likes