Compare Kate’s toes

There is another thread about those embedded black flecks! I posted a long reply, lol, but basically I had a few first quality kits come covered in them… Their replacements were too, I have ordered since and not had am issues so figured it was a fluke.
Until I got my box of 10 realborn kits today… The first one I opened was covered in them. I had to put her back in the box and walk away, in afraid to look at the rest.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s really disturbing! They need to give you a refund. I’m so sorry. You’re trying to make money. This is unexceptable. I can certainly understand having a few in seconds kits. Things are getting worse because most say they could hardly ever tell they were seconds.

It is just disheartening. We always felt safe ordering seconds because their quality control was amazing and they caught tiny things that weren’t even noticeable. The embedded spots are becoming more frequent and somehow getting passed inspection as firsts. To me, they should be thirds since you cannot even camoflauge them. It is so sad, we love BB kits, their prices are amazing and I am so in love with the realborn kits.

It seems quality control isn’t any where near the same with much of anything. They can’t expect to sell firsts for first prices and send second and third quality. Kate has two spots I can’t camouflage and she’s a blotchy newborn lol. I don’t really like that kind of complection so dramatic:( she’s either going to be a boo boo baby or she’s had a Hard birth.

1 Like

I just remembered with the last batch I got like that, the inspector was the same on both sets that had those spots. The kits from the other inspector were fine… I am going to check if it was the same person this time. I will check when I get home.

1 Like

Great idea! I’m going to check my other kits as well, even though at quick glace they seem okay. I know his/her inspection number very well lol

I’d email BB if she was a first quality kit. Let them know the inspector’s number or whatever it is (haven’t bought a bb kit in awhile lol)

2 Likes

I called yesterday and left a message…no one answered. No call back. I’ll email and call on Monday. :slight_smile: The site will be down all weekend.

Man, only 2 of my kits even had the inspectors stickers on them. I did look them over and at first glance did see that 7 out of the 10 had those embedded spots. Ugh, as far as I saw, the two first quality kits I got were ok. But I still believe that these embedded spots shouldnt be passed as seconds, they are definitely more than tiny flaws that aren’t noticible.

1 Like

That’s the way her toes are. Her pinky bubbled on me twice so be careful there.

1 Like

Can I ask about Kate and her body again. Now that she has been assembled for awhile her head falls back really far. I didn’t stabilize the neck area. Should I take her head off and stabilize her head. It’s pretty heavy and large for the way the body is made. Ty :slight_smile:

Try moving her weight to her chin area instead of the back of her head. If that doesn’t help maybe try removing a bit of weight and see what happens. Hopefully that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I agree, I always put the weight in front of the head so it flops forward not back but some like it to flop back. You can also put a bag of glass beads on top of the stuffing in the neck area, that helps with stability too.

1 Like

Thank you both so much!! I took her head off lol and redistributed the weight and added more fluff to her shoulders. So much better!! Learning as I go!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes