Christ Child

Much better!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

Thanks Nikki. I was afraid it might be to dark now but it’s a real light tan color. Just wish I would have done it before I tore the strips it would have been much easier. Backward running brain I guess.

1 Like

Much more realistic looking now!

1 Like

Thanks. I was hoping so.

Have you posted yours?I would love to see it!

Wow! Absolutely!

Such a pretty baby Jesus

Thank you ladies for your kind comments.

No, I didn’t post. I had made my mom a baby and wrapped it in burlap for her nativity scene. I did Rosebud. I’ll ask her to send a picture!

1 Like

Aww… That was nice, I’m sure she loved it no matter what it was wrapped in.

1 Like

Lolololol I hope so… :grimacing:

It look soooooo much better now!!!

Thanks Lynn.

I think it looks great

I think it looks wonderful…just wondered though…will the tea stain the doll vinyl at all? never done this so am asking out of ignorance…I know that tea stains our teeth and if you get it on a white t’shirt, it is almost impossible to get out if you don’t wash it right away so just wondered about it staining the vinyl especially if there is any moisture in the air and it were to get damp? Probably nothing to worry about, but I have an inquiring mind and I have never done this before so just asking??? :confounded:

2 Likes

That is a good question. I cold rinsed it after removing from the tea wash which usually sets dyes. This may be a question for @pia. I guess that thought never came to mind at all. I have not used this method before so I honestly don’t know!

Pia, have a question from @westernstarr as to whether the tea will stain the doll. Since I have not used this method before can you give us an answer? I cold rinsed when done so I sure hope not!

I think it looks wonderful…just wondered though…will the tea stain the doll vinyl at all? never done this so am asking out of ignorance…I know that tea stains our teeth and if you get it on a white t’shirt, it is almost impossible to get out if you don’t wash it right away so just wondered about it staining the vinyl especially if there is any moisture in the air and it were to get damp? Probably nothing to worry about, but I have an inquiring mind and I have never done this before so just asking??? :confounded:

WOW! This is awesome. You did an amazing job.

I did onesies and lacy trim and just hand washed them in the sink before putting them in the dryer. I don’t think it will rub off on the baby.

1 Like

I love this tea idea!! Can I use any kind of tea?