Choosing Hair for an AA Baby?

I have delta dawn straight dark deepest brown and also I just bought three batches of curly from Delta Dawn in soft black. Which hair should I use? I assume AA babies in real life can have either and many of them prob have straight for a few month before it begins to get curly. What would you choose?

Additionally, if I do the curly mohair, does anyone have any tips for keeping it managable as I root it?Thank you so much for your thoughts in advance!!

Thank you so much for your advice!

1 Like

I spray the hair many times while rooting with the mohair conditioner that bb sells. The no more tangles works good also.

1 Like

Where do you find your hair for aa babies? I would love a cute curl on my little Presley!

1 Like

I had to ask delta dawn to make me three batches special order :slight_smile: it is beautiful!!

1 Like

I had her go curly in darkest brown :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The oldest of my two biracial AA nephews was born with a head full of thick, curly black hair; very tight curls. His brother (same mom and dad) came out with a head full of thick, straight, jet black hair. He looked like a little Cherokee doll. They are 13 and 12 now. The 13 year old still has thick, course, tight curls, and the 12 year old has super soft, wavy hair. You can go either way and have a beautiful AA baby.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I would choose which ever one suits your fancy! A lot of AA babies look Asian when born. The racial mix up in America shows strong in a lot of us, so just choose what you want, it will look beautiful!

2 Likes

Ethnic and AA babies either have bone straight hair at birth or very soft loose curls. Rarely but yes you can see the tight curls but the hair will still be EXTREMELY soft. Their texture begins to change at about 3-6 months of age sometimes later. I definitely agree with @AnnieSokay

1 Like