Celeste Challenge Update

Oh, I’m so sorry! That’s something that can happen to any of us. Hope today is a better day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just reborn Celeste tonight and sent two shots in. She is so big and chunky! :slight_smile: Now for her photo shoot in the dresses and bows <3

4 Likes

I’ve done a lot of stripping this evening, but not with my clothing (I don’t own a pole lol) started with my Celeste head then onto a huge cabinet that is getting a transformation to have permanent residence in my kitchen. Also completed reloving the vintage picture coffee table, which is moving to the lake house this weekend, whew!!! projects nearly completed. Cabinet stripped completely now, and Celeste now has a pretty coloring, just hoping I can color match the limbs and head since the limbs are complete, paintings that is. Falling in love all over again! It will be near deadline when I get my version entered. I sure hope I don’t have anymore delays or I’ll have to forfeit :sweat:

5 Likes

Hahaha!!

My Celeste was born tonight! Oh, have I got a story about today but I have to get to bed. I’m traveling to my mom’s tomorrow to start the packing process so I need my rest tonight.

5 Likes

That’s mean, Amy; saying you have a story and then going to bed! What’s the story? huh? huh? huh? :hushed:

5 Likes

Here you go, Helen:

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/celeste-labor-pains/26442/1

3 Likes

What size does a 20 inch wear? Sorry, off topic!!! Loved the story Amy!!!

1 Like

A 20-inch baby would wear newborn clothes.

2 Likes

Xoxo Amy!!!

1 Like

Sunday I attended a Sip n See for my daughter. My daughter had problems throughout her pregnancy and we were not able to schedule a shower thus the Sip n See of my grandaughter. I took Celeste to see what reaction my friends and family would have. I did not take her around showing her but just laid her in my buggy that was for decoration. Most people were nice and complimentary but one cousin kept looking at her and finally asked me why I made such an ugly baby. I had chosen to open her eyes and love the look but my cousin said she looked like she had never slept. Not sure whether to enter her or not now.

2 Likes

Yes, you should enter her! Mine looks completely milk drunk and she’s still in . It’s all in fun anyway. Watch yours win! What does your cuz know anyway? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Yes, go ahead and enter her! You didn’t sculpt her and that may be what your cousin was responding to, thinking of her as ugly. Besides lacking a bit of tact, perhaps your cousin has no idea how lovely you may have painted this “ugly” sculpt.

Disclaimer - I DON"T THINK CELESTE IS UGLY! She is beautiful, she just has an odd mouth.

Ignore your cousin and enter your beautiful Celeste in the challenge!

4 Likes

YES! Definitely don’t drop out…these challenges are GREAT! They are fun and it is one place were we can have so many artist renditions of the same kit on display for all of us to see…Celeste takes a little getting use to the first time many see her but it is the sculpt not your work that your cousin didn’t take to and we are all doing the same baby so please definitely stay in…I think this is going to be such a great challenge…Really we all win…because we did this together as friends and fellow artist and we all get to see this little kiddo through the eyes of other artist…FUN!!!

3 Likes

I don’t feel that she is ugly. The minute BB placed her photo as an upcoming kit, I wanted her. I ordered another one to do with the eyes closed. I love the sculpts by this artist because most of her babies are chunky.

3 Likes

I agree you should enter your Celeste! :slight_smile:

Great! I am happy that your mohair came in, giving you enough time to root without the pressure! It is so true I am just about finished another orangutan (all I have left to do is the left arm and then put the little cutie together! The new Orangutan is a female and her name is Macy. I will post a pic of her as soon as she is ready for adoption! Update on the Celeste doll I love the vinyl and the tones that I have been able to achieve. She is also just about ready for rooting. I didn;t put finish on her limbs or head yet just in case anything needs to be touched up.

I would love to hear where everyone else is with their competition Celeste!
Thanks,
Debbie G.

1 Like

I agree please stay! It just fun for all of us here in the forum and as my Husband always says “Art is subjective” We all see things differently. I have seen some of your work and it is beautiful! I vote that you stay in with us!
Debbie G.

2 Likes

Don’t drop out because of a thoughtless comment. I don’t think she’s ugly. I just think her lower lip needs a little rearranging.

2 Likes

I agree with Jeanhai!!!

ABSOLUTELY ENTER!!! Don’t let one thoughtless remark keep you out. I am sooooo excited to see all these babies!

Just finished mine today and plan to dress her tomorrow if I have time so I can get some pics taken. I’ve actually grown to love her while working on her, in spite of all my problems with the first head and my eye opening fiasco. Her vinyl was a dream to paint and I just might do another one sometime. :wink: Wait.
DID I JUST SAY THAT??! :smiley:

2 Likes