Can I get help with pricing?

I just finished Spice and I absolutely love her. I named her Dulcie :heartpulse:.
I do not plan on selling her but I just wanted to get an idea of a price range for my work.

What price do you think is good for a baby like her??

3 Likes

Do you have any more pictures? Some closer up without a pacifier?

3 Likes

Yeah, it is hard to tell from these pix. Sorry.

2 Likes

I will post some more pics :blush:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I would say $120 shipped :heart:

4 Likes

Are you just wanting numbers, or looking for constructive critique?
I can see you’ve worked hard on some details, the shading on the face, capillaries on the eyelids are nice.
Probably in the $125- $175. range or so.
Can tell you why if you are interested. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, I was just wondering for later on if I were to sell a reborn that I made. Definitely would like some critiques on how and where I can improve. I use Waterborne Air Dry Paints.

1 Like

$125-150

I’m a bit jealous over here. Your eyebrows are positioned nicely, which is something I still struggle with. Is she your first baby?

3 Likes

Thanks, I have made over 10.

3 Likes

I think she is cute. You did well with some of the details on her face. If you’re open to suggestions i would suggest using a different color for the creases. I use Waterborne paints as well and have found that the creases color can make the creases look dirty. I would suggest trying the lips and blush color. I think it makes more natural looking creases.

3 Likes

Oh. I’ve only completed 8. I have several in different states of WIP though. Now I don’t feel quite as bad for not having nailed the eyebrows just yet.

2 Likes

Thanks. I agree. I am not liking the creases color at all. I would prefer to have used the nail and lip color.

1 Like

Eyebrows are really hard. I think this time was the best I have actually done so far lol

2 Likes

@TrinityCrystal
Great eyebrows? That’s like expert level reborning there! Seems to be everyone’s difficulty.

@Teresam
The first thing I saw was creases, even in the distance pix. They seem a little harsh.

The lips and nails are rather bright/dark compared to the rest of the complexion.

The mottling is patchy, but baby could use a little color overall.

I can’t tell whether or not the lashes are laying down like they should be. Lashes should be towards cheeks on sleeping dolls.

I don’t paint, so I can’t help you with tips, but these are some of the things I look at when shopping for reborns.

Hope this is useful and not too negative.

It’s a very nice face. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the tips, I really appreciate them. I agree. I will try and work on those areas on the next baby :blush:

3 Likes

I agree with EmOh, and the only other thing I’d add is that she has a lot of what looks like blue splotchy areas, especially on her legs. I would tone that way down. When I first began reborning I started with the Waterborne paints, too. I found that I had a hard time keeping the blue toned down at first, until someone explained to me that blue really grabs the vinyl and can quickly become too much. So, go in really thin layers with blue, and add them up slowly in between other layers.

You do a great job painting within the lines, like the lips look nicely done and painted within their borders. So, with each baby and with learning from others you will continue to improve.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

She needs more color, specially in the creases, ears, hands etc. JMO.

edit: I didn’t see all the pictures, I was commenting on the first 2 pictures that looked very washed out, the others show more color. Excuse my comment.

1 Like

I agree with most who said around $150. I also think you could actually charge more by correcting a couple things on the face and making her a cuddle baby. I’m really hoping you don’t take any offence to my comments and they are coming from a very constructive place :slight_smile: As someone else mentioned the eyelashes are pointing up and should be laying down. I think the lips could be toned down quite a bit and finished with a satin varnish to eliminate the lipstick look. Creases are very dark, nails are very dark and nail tips are very thick. You did a really good job overall on her face coloring and such so I think the limb issues are more noticeable because they are a stark contrast to the soft head painting. Your eyebrows and blushing are really great. I think you have a good foundation and just need to carry that through to the limbs.

I also don’t think you should sell babies when your in the $150 range, I know some people need to for financial reasons. But in the long run your better off either making cuddle babies if your having trouble with limbs or waiting until you can sell them in a price range where your not losing money. When you consider the kit and supply costs and than add the time you spend painting, your definitely in the negative.

I look forward to your progress, you did some things very well and we all have room to improve artistically, I’m sure you will :slight_smile:

4 Likes