Can anyone help me identify this baby?

I think so too!! That scrunched up face and fat little head is the cutest!!

What body won’t spread the legs like That? I’m not used to figuring this stuff out… I usually just order whatever body comes with the kit, which isn’t going to be an option in this case.

1 Like

Are we assuming the kit is about 18 inches?

What about Thomas’ body?

1 Like

I may have a Thomas body… will have to look tomorrow.

The head is definitely Leanor by Berenguer. Leanor and Sophia were modeled after the italian princesses. The limbs, I want to say, are pratt sofia limbs but I can’t see the other hand well enough. They could also be pratt avery limbs.

3 Likes

Man, @ttulsajess, you are good! I can hardly find anything out about this baby at all and here you are. Why is nothing online? Is is an old sculpt? Unpopular? Although I can’t imagine why he would be with that adorable face.

Super old baby. See. When we started with ashton drake and play dolls, soon after came bb and kits. Right about that time Berenguer released a new line of realistic baby dolls called la newborn expressions (first tear and first day). They were full vinyl preemie berenguers but they were even more realistic than the kits being produced at the time and the play dolls in store. They were hugely popular and you could only order them through dealers online. They expanded to release two newborn sized full vinyl dolls (one of those was Leanor) and two others that were 0-3. Kits were still in their infancy so these berenguers were still being reborned frequently. They added several more faces to their preemie line (first yawn, first day asian and first day aa) and then added Sophia. They’ve added more faces over the years but reborners aren’t as familiar with them because that’s about when we got the really experienced sculptors making hyper realistic kits and they weren’t as popular to reborn anymore. At least not and get the money they deserved because now they’re looked at as second class reborns or not reborns at all. People have largely forgotten our history or refuse to acknowledge it.

9 Likes

9 Likes

I have a small collection of the first day and first tear Berenguers and several of the small 9 inch replicas of them.Kept 1 shy face la baby new in the box.I loved reborning the Berenguers,they made beautiful babies.

3 Likes

One day I"ll reborn all the ones I love for my own collection. :0) First day was my second reborn that I ever made. Another one of the la babies was my first.

1 Like

My computer that had all my pictures from my first babies got fried and they were unable to save my pictures.I wish I at least had pictures of all those babies.

Oh no!! That’s awful! I have the majority of mine in photobucket and I just downloaded one of my albums to my phone. I got lucky that I could recover them. I’m so sorry that yours are gone. It must feel like a piece of yourself is missing.

I have one of my shy face babies packed away here somewhere.The first I ever rooted with human hair ,my grand daughter has it,her baby hair was used on it.I gave tons of my first babies to friends and relatives so I still get to see some of them.I actually reborned for over 2 years before I became brave enough to try to sell.

1 Like

That’s good. I still have the two berenguers I mentioned and a couple that I haven’t reborned yet.

I was just telling @AnnieSokay elsewhere that I would love to try reborning a Berenger. It would be a fun challenge for a group of us to do. :wink:

She thought so too.

And I think some of you would maybe like to also? Not that I want to host a challenge/contest or at the least a group post.
But maybe we could find someone that wants to. :wink:

If has been awhile since any swap/PIF/challenge has happened here.

4 Likes

I’m actually planning on doing a berenguer in the near future.

3 Likes

Yes, I have been looking around at them. I can’t host because we are doing a big move in April but that would give me enough time to take part. I put my Mermaid away to do a Berenguer Challenge instead!

I sure hope someone will volunteer to host!

1 Like

Thank you for the history lesson, @ttulsajess. That was quite interesting. :blush:

Second class or whatever people want to think of them, I will always love berenguer babies. They are absolutely adorable.

The berenguer kits that I’ve seen, like at Dolls by Sandie, has the grooves in the head, plus the neck hole is too small to get a magnet in there, so that’s out of the question. Where would anyone find a nice kit for this?

1 Like

I have several in my stash. The newer kind. They will take some extra effort to do. That’s one reason I haven’t gotten to them. The tiny holes, hard heads…

2 Likes

I love the Berenguer faces, too. I enlarged the neck opening with an x-acto blade and just rooted over the grooves (after stripping and painting.)

3 Likes

The heads are hard. Did you have a hard time rooting?