Busy time

My Johannah maybe someone’s Christmas baby. I just finished rooting her hair and I’m about to start rooting the 2nd baby of the set

2 Likes

That’s a lot of rooting there. And beautiful

I’m practicing painting hair on another kit, and I don’t know how to combine the two techniques yet. So I tend to root a lot of hair.
@Londa123

1 Like

I don’t know how either. I would like to learn also.

1 Like

I am going to start Christmas babies tomorrow. I have one custom order for twins, with a deposit paid but she still hasn’t decided on which two kits she wants lol
Then I’ll have 4-6 kits I have in my stash I want to do as play Borns for children’s babies (no magnet, no glass beads, bald )

2 Likes

I’m planning on slowing down big time after Christmas. I want this to stay fun and not turn stressful. I think I’ll mostly work on some really nice sculpt and take all the time I want in finishing them.

1 Like

I don’t blame you! I now will only do custom orders for those I’ve worked with before. Customs and time limits add stress. Christmas seems to be the best time for selling but man the months leading up to it lol
I said last year I was going to paint 1 baby every 8 weeks to put back for Christmas…didn’t go as planned lol at this point I have 2 made, with several kits waiting

1 Like

I don’t blame you! Rushing not only seems to take the fun out of it but also leaves room for error. I know some can paint babies like the speed of light lol but if I only work on one baby, it takes around 4-6 weeks for painting. I’ve tried the assembly line style but then they all looked similar in painting style

1 Like

And takes all the fun out of it for me.