Broken stem on glass eyes?

I received my pair of glass round eyes today from iArt Reborn. The box looked like the post office played football with it. One of the eyes has a broken stem. Is it possible to use this eye? And does anyone know if iArt does replacements for international orders if the eye can’t be used.

If there is no cracks and it is an clean break it should be fine. I have eyes that are exactly like that that I have used with no problem.

2 Likes

Thank you for that info. As best as I can tell, it looks like a clean break. I don’t notice any cracks going toward the eyeball.

1 Like

Looks super sharp, please be careful!

2 Likes

I’ve inserted several of those with broken stems. I cover the eye stem with some sticky tak and cover my finger with a baby sock to keep from getting cut while setting it.

6 Likes

Thanks!

You can paint the Eye glue from MacPherson’s over that to make it not sharp. Works great I have done it.

4 Likes

MacPherson’s has stuff that goes over the broken stem and makes it safe again. It’s called “Eye Molding Glue”. You can look it up on their site and see how to use it, I have some but haven’t had a reason to use it yet. Oops, I was too slow. Angie beat me to the response. Good Luck.

4 Likes

Thank you, Angie and Lynn. I had no idea that glue existed. :smiley: I will get some and use it. The eyes are for Ava, and I can practice using the glue to hold the eyes in place, too.

1 Like

It is not a quick setting glue so be prepared to leave your sculpt laying face down once you get them glued in so it can dry. I put a little fan at the neck opening of mine too.

2 Likes

I love this rubbery eye glue idea. Looks like it works great.

1 Like

That’s good because that way there’s more time to get the eyes turned into the position you want them in, then let them set.