Blushing problem

Hey everyone
I got a strange problem. After I finish my skin and mottling, I apply blushing… genesis heat with thinning medium. Now I’ve noticed that when I apply it with sponge it sometimes leaves white spots instead of the blushing color. It is as if the blushing removes all my other layers…?? I bake after each layer and let it cool down before applying blush… does anyone know why this is happening? Doing something wrong?

1 Like

Have you read this thread? What kind of red are you using and when did you buy it? A lot of people have been having trouble with ghsp not curing. On a side note, I’ve heard people say the thinning medium is problematic too.

4 Likes

Good advice from Katina. I am ordering some new paints today that I mix for blushing and lips and will be testing on a vinyl part from about 4 years ago to make sure it cures before I put it on my kit. I am using a part I know takes paint well, so I can be sure my vinyl has nothing to do with any issues that might arise. Hopefully, it cures.I know it is not the dealers’ fault, but feel I could be wasting my money because I don’t know if paint can be returned. I have put off ordering as long as I can.

2 Likes

If it’s defective you should be able to return it.

1 Like

I had this problem with thinning medium. I thought it would be a good way to get thin layers that stayed on lips. Instead it removed any paint I had put on before and there was no fixing it. I had to strip that whole kit and start over because it just kept getting worse and never never never cured :weary:

2 Likes