Blue dots

I have a Caleb kit for sale on reborns listed as Caylee, I finally got a hit on her yesterday someone wants her but wants her back to original. I contacted them because I wasn’t sure what they meant by original as this was how she was made. They said they wanted her as a boy. Ok I can do that I get her off the shelf to see if I can find boy clothes to fit her and found this

I don’t know how this happened but it will not come off. I sent her a picture telling her that she has these and I’m going to remove her from sale.
She said she still wants her as a boy can I just drop the price.
So I guess my question is is how much would you take off for this and would you still sell?

3 Likes

Do you have any idea how she got those dots on her? They are so symetrical and evenly spaced. Was she sitting next to a plastic bag with colors, or tags or anything. Also, are you dead certain you can’t remove them?

If you must drop the price, drop it $25 or so…not a lot. The doll is perfect with socks on, right? LOL. How about replacing a limb? Could you do that and still sell for full price? I’m sure you’ve already looked at all the options…

3 Likes

you can also take the leg off and make a couple of little 'scrapes or scratches" over that blue. That is why my Gus has a ‘boo boo’ on his head…he had a blue mark very similar except a bit larger that I had to cover…use some lip red or crimson and some burnt umber or brow brown…not sure if you can see it well but I did a light 'scabbed scratch over the blue (it was a line instead of a circle but it covers…

16 Likes

I think Angela is right about the acne cream. It always works for me.

Misty

3 Likes

I would suggest the acne cream also. I had to use it twice before and it worked like a charm. Took a few days in the sun but it did come off.

3 Likes

It looks like ink so I think the acne cream may work. Personally, I would let the buyer know that acne cream may remove it and offer it at a $25 discount as is but not more than that.

3 Likes

I would definitely try the acne cream and sunshine before you try to repaint it or lower the price.

2 Likes

Another vote here for the acne cream. You’d be surprised at how many different things it will take out of the vinyl x

2 Likes

You can even try a manicure block that lightly sands the nails. Rub on the spot gently to remove.

2 Likes

Those blue dots appeared on my Caleb also!!!

I LOVE @westernstarr’s idea!!!

2 Likes

No, rubbing it will not get it out, it is sunk into the vinyl. OXY10 cream might get it out, but you need to apply it several times, over couple of days, and leave it in sunshine as much as possible. Sit it near south facing window all day, then wipe off and re-aply if needed.

1 Like

Oh no, I have Caleb sitting in my box ready to start after Puddin’. I hope he doesn’t get blue dots, hopefully you can get these dots off.

3 Likes

NO!

6 Likes

Lmaolmao I love being succinct!

3 Likes

Heehe…I know and Pia does it well :heart_eyes: …(you almost have to be that way as much as we chatter on here or you would never get through all the comments unless you are on here every single day!)…LOVE IT!

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated. She sold like is I took $25 off sent her more pictured dressed her like a boy as customer requested and she wanted him still. He is already on his journey home to New Jersey. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Woohooo​:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Pia cracks me up! :grinning::heart:️:grinning::heart:️:grinning::heart:️:kiss:

1 Like

Awesome!! :slight_smile: