Bit of a Pickle... To Knox or Not to Knox? (Pictures)

So I’m in a bit of a pickle. I really want the Knox by LLE, and there’s one on the Bay for $189 + 14 shipping. That’s a lot of money to spend, and I totally understand that. But, It’s an amazing kit. The thing is, I don’t know if it’s worth the investment. Would I be able to make profit on it? Sure, I’d be willing to keep him until Christmas time when the sales pick up, but do you think I’d be able to make enough money so it’s worth it? (I’m asking as I haven’t sold a baby in a long time and wouldn’t know what to ask)

Here’s a picture of my WIP Heather…

And my most recent, Jacelyn (Sorry the hotel we are in at the beach has bad lighting)

Delivered her to her mommy today, her mom is a friend of my grandmother’s. While we were on our way to meet up with them, 2 people stopped me and said, “What a cute baby!” They were like, “Are you serious? It’s not real? No way! I totally thought she was real!!”

3 Likes

I would only buy a kit that expensive under two circumstances:

1. Because I love it and am keeping it (did that with two expensive kits, actually).
  2. If I was a prototype artist or an artist with enough of a reputation to sell dolls on the higher end.

Totally up to you, just my opinion. :wink:

3 Likes

I would love to keep him–it would be a him…:wink: But if I wanted to eventually sell him (and pay off college expenses) would I be able to get enough out of it? That’s my whole issue

Actually I was more asking if my investment in the kit would be worth it. I would probably just use the money to buy more top ramen…haha Worded my question wrong…Oops!

I would only spend that kind of money on a kit if it was my end all be all favorite kit I was going to keep. That is just me though!

1 Like

Thank you @Sony72 and @katieperry I appreciate the help!

The kit was originally 129 plus shipping if I remember correctly. Paying that is not much more.

1 Like

Knox isn’t that popular/valuable of a kit, so I wouldn’t buy him as an investment. If you love him and want to keep him, go for it. But I bet you could find him cheaper.

4 Likes

I think Izzy is correct. As I recall, he wasn’t a big seller as a reborn, not nearly as popular as some of LE’s others.

2 Likes