Big baby craze?

Ty! :heart:

I ordered the crawler body for big Joseph and yes I thought it made his head sit weird. I used a different body.

3 Likes

I am looking for June Awake for my self. I have painted and sold 2. I have an extra set of arms and legs for her no head and a couple of different bodies LOL. I enjoy doing toddlers and have been fortunate to sell them quite quickly. So mine is purely selfish, one for me. Sold my 2 Big Joes to Gina couldn’t deal with that much chunk around wrists and ankles. LOL

2 Likes

I adore my Big Joe that came recently. I like older babies, rather than newborn-sized ones. He’s so fat, he reminds me of Momotaro (a baby in a Japanese fairy tale who came from inside a peach. His name means Peach Boy).

2 Likes

Maybe for big Joe, but my big June was fine…could be the way they are weighted?

I was not sure about bigger babies, but I really enjoy painting them. I have a few to finish and then I will be painting my big 11 month Charlotte. My big ones seem to do well for me- only exception was big Joe awake- I loved how my version turned out, but it took about a month to get that one sold. My babies normally take a week tops.

@jubileej, which body did you use Julie? I want a bigger one than what they recommend, do you think the 30" body would work? I don’t want her to look disproportionate, just not so short and fat.

I just used the recommended body with string ties. I switched them to cable ties.

Well… la tea dah! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

And I rarely have a baby for sale so it does not mean much :crazy_face:

1 Like

So the popular big babies now are Joe, Maddie, and June? Kenzie? Anyone else to add to the list ?

I’ve only seen multiple requests for joe and June but I think that is only because those are out of stock

1 Like

I have had a few requests for Big Joe. I bought a few both Joes and both June’s last year when they were on sale. However, I think I buried them in my granddaughter’s playroom closet in boxes. I made a sleeping June and Awake Joe, but the kits were huge. I didn’t have a place to store them in my studio. Then I forget that I have boughten them.

1 Like

Now is the time to dig those puppies out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You are probably mistaken it with Emy’s body.

1 Like

I would not call Kenzie ‘popular’. She is so weird looking, IMO, and you will not see them for sale too often.

1 Like

No, I used Kenzie’s body. :sweat_smile:

What does Kenzie look like?

1 Like

She’s called a crawler, but is more an older baby that is sitting and leaning forward. I think I’ve only seen two of them reborned on this forum.

She does have a happy expression, but with her large size and forward posture she can look intimidating.
She can be done well. But I wouldn’t want to unexpectedly encounter her in the dark. :hushed:

3 Likes