BB kit vinyl

I’m hoping the variances in the kit vinyl are only a temporary thing to to supply/demand during this global pandemic

I thought it would be good to keep track of what kits have what type of vinyl. If you guys wouldn’t mind sharing your findings maybe list the kit, date of purchase and description of the vinyl texture, color, density?

Callie January 2021. Pale hard vinyl (paint stick a weird way onnthe forehead,like my Emmy’s hands)

Christopher asleep 1/10/2021 pale peach soft vinyl

Emmy asleep 1/4 limbs 12/16/2020 yellow peach color, hard vinyl

Felicity Asleep 12/2020 hard vinyl esp head

Harlow very white vinyl and limbs and especially the head super hard vinyl

Marnie, light hard vinyl. Having issues painting, doesn’t take the paint evenly. Purchased in December I believe.

Michael asleep 1/9/2021 pale peach soft vinyl

6 Likes

Harlow very white vinyl and limbs and especially the head super hard vinyl :scream: Doesn’t take paint even after varnishing.

3 Likes

My Emmy wwas the same as yours, purchase around the same time.
Callie January 2021. Pale hard vinyl (paint stick a weird way onnthe forehead,like my Emmy’s hands)

2 Likes

My Michael and Christopher kits have a pale, almost light peach, color. Not sure if the vinyl is hard as I don’t root.

1 Like

If it is hard you’d know it. Kinda weird to paint on hard vinyl… it’s like painting a rock I decided.

Do you have any other kits to compare too?

2 Likes

Marnie, light hard vinyl. Having issues painting, doesn’t take the paint evenly. Purchased in December I believe.

1 Like

Some of these kits are super cute but the vinyl quality terrifies me. I already strip a lot of kits :disappointed:

2 Likes

Felicity Asleep (purchased In December) also has hard vinyl. Particularly the head. I wouldn’t know how to describe the color though.

1 Like

As a new artist I think I painted a couple really hard vinyl type kits. And a few Berenguers were hard, too. I didn’t like it. The kits were older ones. The paint would bead up and not spread out smooth like on the usual softer vinyl we enjoy more these days…or at least until COVID.

2 Likes