BB got a question about the forum

Hi, as you know I have been a member forever lol and when we had the old forum it was so much easier to do the photos in our posts. Now with the new forum I have to go in and shrink each one diefferently from other forums. 400x400 can you bump it up some to say 640 x 480 this is the standard size that most forums use and it is also a preset size on photobucket. I know I would certainly post more if it was easier to do so. Thanks for considering this. Debbie

Pasting from photo bucket. It makes me shrink them to 400 x 400 which is a pain because I have to actually go in and edit each photo I cant just click the link Or if I am posting in more than one forum I have to do a special post for here Which is one of the main reasons I dont post my babies or much of anything else it is just to much of a hassle.

— Begin quote from “lastingmemoriesnursery”

Hi, as you know I have been a member forever lol and when we had the old forum it was so much easier to do the photos in our posts. Now with the new forum I have to go in and shrink each one diefferently from other forums. 400x400 can you bump it up some to say 640 x 480 this is the standard size that most forums use and it is also a preset size on photobucket. I know I would certainly post more if it was easier to do so. Thanks for considering this. Debbie

— End quote

The board allows up to 850 pixels wide, and 800 pixels high, with a maximum of 256 KB per image.

If it is making you resize smaller, then it is because you are bumping into the maximum KB size limit, not the pixel limit.

256 KB is pretty large. I’m not aware of a single photo anywhere on our main Bountiful Baby site with pictures that large. Even the pictures on our “information pages” typically are between 150 KB and 200 KB (and yet they are often up to 1000 pixels wide).

Bountiful Baby

How do I figure out the KB??? I just usually go to Photobucket and copy the link and paste.

Well I am over here now blushing lol It seemsto be working now?? Strange lol Thanks for the information though

— Begin quote from “lastingmemoriesnursery”

How do I figure out the KB??? I just usually go to Photobucket and copy the link and paste.

Well I am over here now blushing lol It seemsto be working now?? Strange lol Thanks for the information though

— End quote

For what it’s worth, the picture above is 640x480 pixels, and 66.59 KB large (68189 bytes).

And, as another data point, look at the picture of Taite on our home page (at least, it is on our home page as of April 14, 2011):

http://www.bountifulbaby.com
It is 1000x664 pixels, scaled by the browser down to 850x564 pixels, and is 67.01 KB large (68662 bytes).

Bountiful Baby

LMAO You are talking a foreign language to me. I am the one who at 40 just got a cell phone and sold my record player last month lol. But the good news is this is the size I always use so I shouldn’t run into problems lol