Baby number 5. I need advice on getting my matte finish

I have been using Luminaire paint and I like it. I am not able to get the look I want from the matte sealer though. I may be doing it wrong or I may need a different product. There doesn’t seem to be much difference from just the painted product and baby number 5 doesn’t want to shine in that way.

5 Likes

@Rachyface uses that I think… maybe she can help you out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used luminares for years,ended up using the glass and tile finish(hunnybuns has it).then i tried the waterborn paint (again hunnybuns) its amazing! I bought the class set,it has all that you will need.the matte varnish in it is great over luminares,(i still mix and match) whats great about the waterborn is you dont have to do a sealer.its already in the paint.and it mixes up just like the luminares.

1 Like

I use FolkArt matte sealer and American Decor Soft Touch both work quite well for me just use cosmetic sponge and pounce it well .
I mean I use both product but not together to clarify :smile: and I also use Luminare paints hope this is a help to you .

1 Like

Thank you! I guess I need to do some experimenting.

1 Like

Folk Art Glass and tile medium. Luminaire’s sealer I did not care for. I love the paint though. Just do not over work it. You can mix it half and half with water until you get the hang of it. I use it straight but it does take a while to get it down. Once you do, it’s great.

2 Likes

I used the Americana Decor soft touch and am so pleased. It was the only one listed that I could find at Michaels but it is so nice to see the baby face without the shine. Will it hurt to apply this over the 3 babies already sealed?

1 Like

I have used it over some of mine and have had no problems as of yet and I have seen others on here have used it as well and I haven’t heard anything bad about it .

1 Like

Thank you. I am going to have to try it. Hopefully they all survive

1 Like

Here is my Harper he is sealed with the other one I mentioned FolkArt and both have worked good for me so far so hope they do good for you.

1 Like

@LillyBellesBabies I wonder what would happen if you mixed them together? Hummm!

1 Like

I don’t know lol but if one alone works why mix the two? :smile:

1 Like

I haven’t done my harper yet because I wanted him to have plent of drying time before the sealer. I had chanel ready to seal here are her before and after…

2 Likes

Come to think of it I do know ! I used the FolkArt for a sealer after layers so I could root and then did a final with the Americana Soft Touch it worked fine :smile:

2 Likes

Aw see she is a fine beauty and no glare lol don’t you love her ?

1 Like

I do. But then I love all of them so far. Shiny or not.

2 Likes

@LillyBellesBabies so no problems, it all works out, lol!
@angfay That baby looks good!

2 Likes

Thank you. I applyed it to two of my other babies who were already sealed. The first is my first reborn, Meg and the other is Juliet and she has no body…still finishing her hair.

3 Likes