Baby Gorillas

Hi,
First of all, I would like to thank all you wonderful people for taking the time to help us newbies to art of reborning I am a very newbie. I love this forum.
I have a question. Or two. I bought the pre-painted and pre- rooted gorillas. I just got them in. They are adorable. My question is I know I have to stuff and weight the bodies, what about the head, limbs, what do I also weight them?
Please help?
Connie

1 Like

I’ve never done a gorilla, but I imagine it would be similar to weighting a baby. When I weight my babies I fill the limbs halfway with glass beads then tightly pack the rest with polyfil and seal them with Dr. Scholl’s moleskin. I put a pouch of glass beads in the body surrounds by polyfil. Likewise for the head. I seal that with moleskin as well.

1 Like

You fill the limbs up to a little past the knee with glass beads and stuff the rest with polly-fill and then fill arms up to a little past elbows and stuff the rest with polly-fill. Stuff head with Polly-fill and a stocking filled with glass beads weighted just enough to make the head a little floppy but not too heavy at the same time.

1 Like

I weight mine the same as with the baby. Glass beads to knee and elbows and then finish filling with poly fil. Then using a baby sock or pantyhose, fill to the desired weight. I use a bag in the head always less than a pound, then weight bag in the bottom surrounded by the poly fil and then a body weight bag. finish filling with poly fil.

I would think maybe with a Gorilla you could make the head less floppy than a babies. They aren’t quite as helpless.

2 Likes