Baby Avi - please post yours

He is sooo adorable, that smile is infectious, he is having so much fun!

1 Like

I don’t have him anymore but I love that every tail is different and just wanted to show the one I made out of material.

8 Likes

Hello, I’m pretty new to the forum, but everyone is great. I love all the friendships I see here. I am doing a Avatar and I started to decorate my head .I was painting the lines but, am I doing this wrong ? Should I be blotting them as I go. Any thought will be appreciated.

2 Likes

I did not blot mine on. I painted them with a brush.

1 Like

Okay, ty. Cause once I keep going maybe if will look more blended.
Update, she’s almost finished 5/6/20

1 Like

I didn’t blot mine. I painted them twice (if I remember it correctly) with GHSP. I added some turquoise shadows around them (those earlier pictures in this post does not have turquoise yet). I don’t know if you can see them here or not.

You base color looks great! But I think your paint for your lines might be too thick. Do you use acrylic or GHSP? Looks like acrylic to me.

5 Likes

That really added more depth, I bet he is so precious and enjoyable to have around :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, he sits in a bassinet next to our bed and always put smile on my face.

2 Likes

Your baby is beautiful. I do see the tourquise. Ty, for the help ! I did use the GHSP but ,I see my lines should be thinned out more .Should I just remove it all with thinner and start again. If I try to blot it I think it will just smear.

1 Like

Did you do Caucasian skintone then layer the blue on top?

1 Like

Thank you! I am not sure what to recommend to you in your case. Try somewhere on the back to make sure that it will not remove the base of your blue paint.

1 Like

Yes, I started him as a regular baby with all skin tones and mottling as I ask artist who’ve done avatars babies before and she told me that this is how she paints them. I struggle a lot with building that blue tone, fortunately it came out to everyone’s likening :wink: Everyone here was so helpful and encouraging.

I have second avatar baby in progress which I started with the thick blue with media thinner and I had to strip him and started again with endless thin blue washes. Still doing those washes :joy:

I am a very thin painter anyway…

4 Likes

i had no problem getting the face cleared it didnt take any base paint off. lol back to stripes again

2 Likes

How exciting another AVI, what sculpt are you using this time, are you doing all the same techniques or a different style? Were you going to enter him at IDTS? Sorry so many questions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hello, I am using Ivy from BB. I also have the GHSP, and working the stripes.:crazy_face:. I don’t think I’m entering it.

I am using same newborn Joseph as he suppose to be as semi-custom. I didn’t promised anything to anyone as I didn’t want to confine myself with any obligations and I am glad that I didn’t as I stopped on him and started on my two IDTS contest babies. Now he is my ‘site project’. As design goes, I don’t know yet what I’ll do with him. Definitely not the same.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see! @YelenaRey

2 Likes

:x: NOT my photo nor my work :x:
But had to share this little adorable Avi I just saw on FB!
Ain’t he adorable :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s someone’s here but I can’t remember who. That made him originally I mean.

1 Like

That Avi (and other many avatars from that artist) what make me to want and start on mine. She has an amazing style and that is the artist who told me that she stars them as regular babies, so I followed her advice. She is (was) on this forum also.

1 Like