Avoiding housework

Ive also suffered some severe damage to my body, especially my nervous system and my joints, due to a connective tissue disease called Ehlers Danlos syndrome and two auto immune diseases. I lost most of my independence, and even ended up in a wheelchair. so “doing” something is vital. I love painting babies but I found out really early that Im just not a collector. I think what I love is creating them and sending them home…I get a lot of joy out of that.
My son was 24 but for some reason I gravitated to reborns after his death, they were very comforting but, like I said, it didnt really last and I realised Im not a reborn collector. I am a reborn artist, I make them, hold them a bit, dress them up and then pack them up in a box to be sent home :wink:

2 Likes

You know, you may be right about that. She was such a wonderful baby and an intelligent and loving little girl. That all disappeared when she became ill. I felt as though I lost her forever. She became such a stranger and so distant despite all that I did to make her understand that she was loved and part of a family.

1 Like

I paint as a hobby and give them as gifts or do customs at cost to my family. Painting keeps me sane.

I also admit, to myself, that I collect, lol. I prefer Alternatives but also like Awake Babies that are different. I love looking at the realism of babies but I will go to your Boo Boo corner and probably get one of those if the mistakes are visible, lol. I love @allhisgrace babies If I could paint like that! I prefer rooted human hair. Bigger babies 22 and above. Paci doesn’t matter. Clothes - very unique vintage. Or just a tee and diaper is good as I will probably find something on my own. I don’t hold or role play with them, but do dress them and display them.

1 Like