At last I am done!

I finished rooting Nikkita Alexis hair at long last @Nikkiroc . I’m not posting pictures though because number one, I’m too tired to take them, and number two, she looks terrible because I haven’t trimmed nor styled her hair at this time. And I probably won’t post pictures till I have her put together. I have a few touch-ups to do and nails, lashes and set the eyes and then I can put her together at last and move on. I have three other dolls on the worktables right now, so I am busy, busy, busy. I actually have more forum time when I’m working like crazy on the dolls because during baking intervals and breaks I come in here and relax and catch up on what all you gals are up to. I’m done working on dolls for today. It’s been a long day, but lots of fun!

14 Likes

I CANT WAIT!!! I’m so excited!!!

1 Like

I curled her hair just to see what she really looks like. I found a kinda bald spot so I have to root that some more but she’s really cute! I can’t wait to show you but I want you to see how she really will look.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the pics, Helen.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see pics. :smiley:

2 Likes

So exciting!!! I know I am going to fall in love! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing pics! Know she will be amazing!

1 Like

Well, I doubt she is amazing, but she is going to be cute. I’m hoping to finish all the touch ups today and get her hair sealing overnight so I can put her together tomorrow. After that I can share. It’s been such a long haul on this one. Rooting a toddie is not something I would not recommend for the impatient! Oh, and my poor arthritic fingers are not happy with me! LOL

1 Like

I hope she sells for ALOT to make it worth it!!! Your poor fingers:-(

1 Like

She WILL be amazing! I love your other babies…besides she is NIKKI(ta) right? …so she’s gotta be cute as a button… :smile:

I second that!!!

1 Like

:smiley::heart:️:+1::heart:️:+1::smiley::heart:

1 Like

Don’t expect her to look like Nikki. Nikkita is actually a ginger.

2 Likes

She’ll be adorable…I haven’t seen Nikki with ginger hair yet. I think the first time I saw her avatar she was dark headed and then the blonde so will be neat to see a ‘little ginger head Nikki’…lol

2 Likes

I wish it was a portrait, but it’s not. Nikki and I just took a class together and named our toddies after each other. But she’s cute. Not as cute as our Nikki though!

1 Like

Awwwwww!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

I could do ginger! But, I don’t think I’m allowed to color my hair… I will be frightening soon😱

1 Like

I got her body put together today. Now I have to wait for the darn sealer to dry to seal her hair in. I guess, because it’s damp, I’ll have to wait overnight. I always get really impatient when I get to this point. I’m trying to prisma some hair on Sweetpea asleep and it’s not taking so I’ll have to take it all off and put some more varnish down to get a better surface. I won’t be doing that today though. I don’t have the patience for it. Arghh! I still have ot set Nikkita’s eyes too. Dry glue! Dry!

2 Likes

Dry glue!!! :imp::imp::imp::imp::imp:

No lashes, frizzy hair do, but here she is! Sorry about the lighting. It’s almost dark here and my house lighting is dim.

Welcome your little namesake, Nikkita Alexi. Better late than never, eh. I’ll get some better pictures later when I do her photo shoot.

3 Likes

Are those freckles Helen? She is adorable.