Another sob story

I just got this email on reborns.com.
‘I was saving up for a cat for three years and I saved $500, then my mom had a miscarriage and I wanted to buy her a baby to make her happy. I tried to buy a baby from two different peopel (her spelling, not mine) and they both scammed me and never gave me my money back…I no longer have any money and I really need one, ma’am. Is there any way you guys could give me one fully free until I am able to get enough money to cover it? I promise I will pay you guys even if you send the baby sooner.’
This was my response: (my own sob story lol)
I’m sorry for your troubles. I’m on a very limited fixed income and cannot afford to give my dolls away. I need the money to live on.
I think this is a child and I doubt she’ll contact me again.

11 Likes

I just did a whole write up on my FB business page about this very thing!

2 Likes

Stuff like that is so odd to me. I once saw someone on Facebook say “I’m on fixed income, could you give me a discount?” and the artist responded “me too, can you pay extra?” :rofl:

12 Likes

That’s hilarious, I’m always being asked to discount, I might use that one next time :rofl:

3 Likes

Love this comeback…its.perfect!!!

4 Likes

What kind of cat is she getting? I’m a dog person, so not familiar with high- dollar cats.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Best response ever. I will borrow this for the next time.

I have said this before, but it’s been a while so here it is: I grew up dirt poor and was still struggled as a young adult. It would have never occurred to me to shop for a hand painted doll or expensive pet because I was too busy saving up for electric, food, and other necessary things. Please do not feel bad for telling them no.

8 Likes

Love that! I need to remember that for next time :joy:

4 Likes

this was mine on FB a day ago "

Hello, ma’am. My mom just recently had a miscarriage and her birthday is in 2 days. I need a baby for her because I know it would make her happy. I got scammed last night from someone and a month ago so I don’t have any money. Is there any way you would be willing to give me one for free, ma’am? I’m so so sorry for asking this but she’s very sad and I feel terrible. I am 15 and don’t have a job because I am not old enough yet. I would be very appreciative if you would help me out, ma’am:( please and thank you. I promise I am not lying, and I feel so bad asking this."

5 Likes

Ma’am’s, moms, and miscarriages… This HAS to be the same person. :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

a young girl , and later she still sent me messages to please send her one and pay for the shipping.
Sad that they really take this much time and effort to contact so many people with this energy you can really work even if you are 15 y old

3 Likes

Agreed. I used to cut grass, babysit kids, shovel snow, then even got a job at 14. I really don’t see this much anymore. On the rare occasion that I see kids out here wanting to shovel snow or mow my lawn, I let them and give them a tip.

3 Likes

I actually got a response that said ‘Yes, ma’am…I understand! Thank you so much though!’ Surprised me.

4 Likes

I had one yesterday from Egypt wanting me to ship a “free” baby, and when I politely said I couldn’t do that, she begged me telling me this had been her lifelong dream (originally claimed she wanted this baby for her oldest daughter) and if I wouldn’t send her one finished, could I please, please tell her how to make one? I finally had to block her from my page.

3 Likes

Let’s all take a break from painting so we can find strangers to contact to see if they can make our dreams come true. For free. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes - let’s :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Okay. I’ll go first.

2 Likes

This could be very entertaining :rofl: