Am I Asking Too Much?

I’m kind of at the end of my rope here with this one… You guys remember that Sadie I painted waaaay back in December?

I’ve been having a heck of a time trying to sell him since then. He’s not perfect and I ALWAYS make sure I lost his flaws and say that he’s a Boo Boo Baby. Im trying to get $125 for him and that will also cover shipping and insurance. I tried eBay 3 times and the only bite I got on there was someone offering me $20 for him. Tried on Instagram too, and someone asked me to trade him for baby clothes.

This is everything I would be sending him home with.

I know people are saving up for Rose and their kids’ graduations and stuff, but I can’t help but get a little discouraged over it :disappointed:

1 Like

You are not charging too much. Sales are pretty slow for just about everybody.

1 Like

He is adorable and no way are you asking too much. Have you tried Facebook?

1 Like

Don’t get discouraged! I am having the same problem. Maybe try changing the gender to a girl or try new photos. You are not asking too much at all! Sales are dead slow right now.

1 Like

He’s adorable and I don’t think that you’re asking too much for him. eBay is really slow right now. Just keep relisting him and I’m sure someone will buy him soon. :relieved:

1 Like

Try reborns.com and rebornmarketplace.com

No your not asking too much try other places to sale him facebook has lots of buy,sale, trade sites for reborns.

Please don’t go any cheaper. Do list him on Reborns.com

1 Like

You’re definitely not charging too much! Have you tried dressing as a girl and take some pictures in natural light? Why did you list as a booboo baby? Believe it or not, I’ve seen other artists raise their price and take new pictures and their baby sold within a couple of days. I’ve learned that when your baby is priced too low serious buyers just pass over them thinking it’s got serious flaws. It seems girls often sale better than boys so maybe a quick gender change would do the trick :blush:

1 Like

No, you are not asking too much ; but some, boys especially, are slow to sell. I just set the price and leave them there. I had some listed for about a year, others get snatched the moment they are listed. I think better pictures would help.

1 Like

Turn “him” into a girl. Girls sell better and you can doll her up with a headband, and a tutu! Buyers love that stuff!

Good luck,
Laurie

Thank you everyone! Tomorrow I’m going to take some better pictures in natural lighting since I’ll have a little time before work. Interestingly enough, he was a girl when I first painted him, but this one screams all boy to me.