All these kits on sale

Thank you. I can can see an improvement in the last 2 dolls that I have done. I’m just struggling with creating an AA reborn. I’ve had a couple people ask me an AA reborn. But I haven’t mastered the skill of making one. So I can’t make n sell them one. I think my problem is I wanna hurry up n get it done to see what’s it gonna look like. But I learning I can’t rush it. So I’m taking my time on this Easton I’m working on, she is an AA reborn. Thank you for the compliment n your encouraging words. :blush: I’ve tried posting the last 2 but it says file is too big. I tried from phone n iPad.

2 Likes

I’m still in beginning mode and these sale babies have gotten me. My buying excuse has been they will be for my granddaughters and great granddaughters but I’ve bought more now. lol I just got an order the other day and just now bought Olive for myself! Wish I’d have added sleeping Sweet Pea. I’d add her if I could but not placing another order and paying more shipping! :frowning:

2 Likes

Glad to hear you aren’t giving up just yet, @Msmimi04. AA babies are hard- probably take extra practice… I almost had one done, then messed it up on the last layer. :confused:

1 Like

I know what you mean. I have 2 or 3 kits thrown in a bag because I messed them up Tryna create an AA reborn.

You are ambitious making Easton an AA wow. I have her ready to start but I’m scare to begin and I’m only giving her a little color.

I think is easier to make Caucasian babies because there is so much information out there and the fact that a red smush mistake can be cover as a blush, but with color babies the paint has to be even and very well blend. If the color is not blend enough we end up with notasable lines and if we try to work to fast we can end up removing some of the layes and having to start all over. It is tough. I have been trying to make an AA as dark as my sister in-lawbut it has been so hard the closer I got was my Aisha and only because she was dark to begin with, but lightning her feet was hard and never got them as light as I wished.

my beautiful sis
my Aisha

But at least I getting the Hispanic color my Clyde is looking like my baby boy :blush:but after many tries. Please keep on posting what you are learning is helping many of us.

6 Likes

This is my second Easton, the first one, the AAColor was nice. But I didn’t like how her creases turned out. So I have her to my granddaughter. She loves her. If only I remembered how I painted her. :thinking::thinking:. I brought another tutorial by Laura for AA reborns, not realizing she starts off wth the biracial kit. She tells you how to lighten the hands n feet. So I ordered 2 Biracial Baylee kits to follow her tutorial. I have the Kate Charles one as well. I finally figured out last night what to do as far as Kate’s tutorial. If only I didn’t have to work. I would work on my kits all day. But either way still need money to buy kits n supplies.

3 Likes

I totally agree, Caucasian is definitely much easier. I have Owen washed n ready to paint. He will be a Caucasian baby. I was gonna try to work on him n Easton, but decided not too. One at a time I told myself. I didn’t wanna mess him up. Your sister in law is pretty n has a nice AA complexion. If I could get an aA baby the color as your Aisha I would be happy. I was practicing painting hair last night. Do you do single hair strokes or you use a filbert brush?

One hair at the time have work for me I can’t imagine how I could control doing more than one at a time.

I don’t do well with tutorial I find it easier to go with my guts. I try to make babies with tutorials and don’t like the end result as much as I like when I just wing it. I watch vid and read what people do, but like to look at baby pictures and follow family members around to match skin colors. I’m kind of fortunate to have a very divers family so I have a person for every color. The only I need is oriental my sister loves to far :blush:but I have been tempted to ask my next door neighbor if I could use her kids skin for a little bit lol…

Can I see pics of your Easton. I’m thinking of starting mine today.

I think is a good idea to take your time. For me it works better to work in more than one at a time because that way I don’t overwork one and I spend more days looking and getting it to look how I want. I’m currently working on rooting a costume shyann, my beautiful Hispanic Clyde, 2 monsters for the Halloween contest and a Tibby that has been around for more than a year :blush:
It is so hard not to share the contest babies so I have to work on others.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m leaning that way myself, @mcurbelo… I’m not doing well with tutorials. Seem to do better just looking at real babies and painting however I feel like painting.

Your babies are pretty. I like your work.

2 Likes

You gonna be busy.

I like this complexion, just Tryna figure out if I wanna do more layers or leave as is.

5 Likes

That looks good from what I can see…

1 Like

Thank you!

That’s also about the point where I messed mine up… just had to do one more layer to go one shade darker and accidentally took off other layers of paint.

Thanks
They are helpful but I think I have learned more from this forum than anywhere

1 Like

I agree. I learn way more from this forum than anywhere else… I love the little tidbits that come from the amazing artists that we have here.

1 Like

Looks great. I use a darker color to add shading in areas that should be darker maybe that would help

2 Likes

I know even from the newbies. People talking about their struggles and how they work problems has been very helpful for me. And I love posting my babies because I learn from the feedbacks

1 Like

I have learned to apply the paint like makeup if that makes sense

3 Likes

I’ve most definitely learned a lot from this forum. I would have been given up without this forum. I have so many pages screenshot from this forum. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

If only I knew how to apply makeup, lol. But I think I know.

1 Like