All Advice welcome! Let's share stories

I am so sorry that has been your experience. :frowning: I am still new and have only sold 2 babies so far, but one I lost money and one was at cost, both boo-boo babies. I have learned more since then, and I want to make this a business, but the market is tough! Your babies really are stunningly beautiful!!

1 Like

I saw beginner very talented , and expérience artist who made poorly painted reborns…I am not sure it’s the cause of the cheap prices. Maybe Chinese knock-off are more to blame.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to offend anyone and you are absolutely correct, Time is not the only thing that makes a good reborn artist. I too have seen people make their first doll that is actually lovely, some people have a natural talent and you can tell that they will wind up being excellent artists, but others, not so much. The market is just so flooded with reborn dolls that buyers can afford to be very selective and demand cheaper prices also. So if you want to sell, sometimes there is not a choice but to sell cheap. That’s why some artists give it up, it’s just not worth it to them.

2 Likes