Air dry starter list

Possibly going to start using air dry.
Can I get sort of a shopping list so I know where to begin.

1 Like

It will really depends on the brand of paint you want. Every brand came with their mediums and colors.

For any kind you will need
Red, blue, yellow, than if you don’t use just primary method, purple, burnt umber, green, off white, black, pink maybe

A medium with binders (or any medium that came with the paint if reborn paint), a retarder, a sealer and a primer. Varnish

Distilled water

2 Likes

I just started using air dry again after genesis for a couple years. One thing I highly suggest is a slow dry medium. I use golden brand retarder. Other than that, get the colors you used most in genesis. I started with yellow ochre, pyrolle red and ultramarine blue because those are what I used most to mix colors. I also use the RebornFx primer and emulsion.

1 Like

What you’ll need depends on what kind of paint you’ll be using. Have you decided yet? I use Liquitex Professional Soft Body or Hard body. I originally bought a starter set of 6 basic colors-red, yellow, green, blue, black and white. I bought separate tubes of burnt umber, yellow ochre and white. The only mediums I use are distilled water with a little Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel with a tiny bit of dissolved cornstarch added. I use Americana Soft Touch Varnish to seal. Buy good brushes and sponges. That’s pretty much it.

1 Like

Just come to my house and go shopping before mine dry out. I have way too much for what I’m getting accomplished… Which is zero!

2 Likes