Air dry Crystal with painted hair

Still needs gloss, eyelashes, possibly a few others touches here and there. The shading under the eyes is not as dark as it appears to be in photos. I’d like my babies to go from “okay” or “good” to great, so critique welcome. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Oh, her hair is lovely! Looks super fine and wispy! :heart:

I think you have done a good job :slight_smile: I am not a fan of her sculpt myself but I think she has great coloring. Will you be adding eyelashes?

2 Likes

Very nice, she’s super cute! I really like the look of the wispy hair, I’m using air dry, what did you use to paint the hair on(if you don’t mind sharing) I’m always looking for handy tips.

1 Like

I love her hair it looks so realistic!! She’s lovely great job!!

2 Likes

I used a rake for most of it, then went back in with a liner for the details @marleeton.

And yes, @jlesser, I’m going to add lashes. My rooted ones are crap, then the applied ones I have are too dark. I’m trying to get a BB order together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love her hair!!!

1 Like

I love her look.:grinning: Skin tone and lip color, blushing and creases looking great and the sparse look for her hair …wonderful. Love your work !

1 Like

she is quite lovely! great job!

1 Like

So pretty,I love her and the outfit is adorable on her.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

The outfit is from the Disney store and belonged to my youngest daughter, now three. I’ve been looking for a baby big enough to put it on because it’s one of the few outfits I’ve kept from when she was that size… Kids grow up so fast. It’s hard to believe that she was that little. :slight_smile:

What is a rake ? Sorry I am new to painting and ain’t really tried it yet just don’t no where to start

1 Like

A rake is a paint brush with a some bristles longer than the others. I used to use it to paint grass, but am loving it for hair now. Saves so much time. This hair was probably painted in 30 minutes maybe. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you so much .

1 Like

Do u have a picture of the back of the head ?

1 Like

If I can remember, I’ll try to take one tomorrow, @Granna. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think she is very pretty! I love her hair.Great Job!

1 Like

So I made my self a home maid rake brush and just tried it on a kit what u think this is my first attempt to paint hair .

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes