Advice about new kit

Hello ladies, I received a new kit from McPhersons, Elianna by Bonnie Sieben. Experience taught me to always look over vinyl carefully. There are three dots that look like dirt in the vinyl one near the surface and two a little deeper. In the past, I picked at the dirt and ended up with a hole. McPherson’s suggest a product called Remove -Zit. Any ideas???

It looks like a metal flake from the mold got into the vinyl. I know ladies here pick them out if they’re close to the surface and fill in the little hole that’s left. I’ve seen a couple different methods posted, but I can’t remember exactly what they are.

Do you use ghsp or air dry?

1 Like

What you need to buy to fill those places after digging is MacP vinyl putty - works great!

2 Likes

I use ghsp. Thank you

1 Like

It is frustrating when I paid 120.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice of vinyl putty. I could use that with my other doll.

1 Like

I asked because I know that heating vinyl can bring bubbles to the surface, I’m not sure about metal flakes though. There also might be different methods of filling in the holes depending on the type of paint you use. I understand your frustration, I hate that these things happen too. I wish you luck in digging out/patching up if that’s the route you choose.

Other than that, is exchanging the kit with the company an option? (Can somebody tag them) If so, DON’T dig or alter the kit in any way. That is not something an acne cream will take out. (If it’s indeed a metal flake)

To me the product Remove -Zit is for stains and how would it work if the debris is set in the vinyl. What is your advice, should I try Remove - Zit?

1 Like

If you haven’t altered it at all, I’d try to exchange it.

1 Like

IMO it will not bring you any results as it not color on the vinyl, it’s a metal debris. Unfortunately those imperfections does not considered as flaws and kits cannot be returned for that reason :frowning:
I know it so frustrating when you pay $100 + for the kit.

3 Likes

Thank you Yelena Rey for the advice. The kit was to look like my friends niece, a Caucasian baby. If it would be African the dots would be easier to hide.

2 Likes

Thank you Trinity and Yelena Rey. Your advice helps.

2 Likes

If it was mine i wil send it back you paid ful price and get second .I am picky with my kit when it is not second and i see something i will send it back that is not were i am paying for

2 Likes

Many companies NOW have disclaimers about metal and bubbles in vinyl not sure if a refund is likely.

3 Likes

The company should give a refund if you pay full price otherwise they must sell them as second kit

This is what McPhersons told me.

Our in house artist Shelley Marie swears by a product called remove zit and this will completely remove the spots and we can send you a free container of this product. Otherwise we can send a replacement leg, but unfortunately we will required clearer pictures of the spots as we will need to send them to our suppliers to get a replacement limb. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

3 Likes

In many cases bubble or metal doesn’t appear until vinyl is heated.

2 Likes

That’s great they are willing to replace and offer other solutions.

3 Likes

I really appreciate everyone’s advice. This is my first time other than me putting the hole in the vinyl picking at a spot.

Doesn’t MCPhersons check there kit when they come in ?

3 Likes